iphone advice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brivent, May 21, 2009.

1. brivent macrumors newbie

If i buy a used 3g iphone off of somebody, can i just put my sim card in it and use it. My next question is since i am a college student and dont have the money for a data plan, can i have att put a WIX block on my account before i put my sim into it. I have heard people do this but can att put the data plan back on your account if they find out. any advice would help me out a lot. I had the 1st gen iphone and sold it, big mistake.

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

You won't be able to add your own music etc and if they find out u have one they add the data plan. Best to get it and sync and activate via iTunes.

3. brivent thread starter macrumors newbie

Why would i not be able to add my own music, thats done through itunes anyway, isn't it? would it make a difference if the iphone is jailbroken/unlocked. Is anybody currently doing this.

4. rtmadden macrumors regular

Why do you want the iPhone sans data? IMHO, that's the biggest draw to the iPhone.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If you are in the U.S., you must have a data plan with an iPhone 3G on AT&T. End of discussion.

Unlock and go with a carrier that isn't AT&T.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

In which case T-Mobile will be your only option, and their 3G doesn't work with the iPhone.

So, its best to stay on AT&T if you want 3G.