iPhone - Alarm Clock ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Buhbuhb, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Buhbuhb macrumors member

Buhbuhb

Does anyone know if an alarm clock will be included somewhere in the settings. I tend to use this on all cell phones as my primary waking up device. I haven't heard/seen anyone mention it.

2. pr5owner macrumors 65816

for $600 i would imagine it would, can you set alarms in your icalender or whatever on your mac? if you can the iphone should behave the same way as they sync with eacher.

sorry i dont have a mac infront of me to check.

3. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

One of the reviews showed a timer like app so it just seems logical that there will be an Alarm Clock as well.

4. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I hope it is more than just a single alarm time. I currently use a pretty nice app for pocketpc that allows you to set four alarms, each one has check boxes for each day of the week. I have one for M-Tu/Th-F, one for W and one for Sunday, all different times.

5. pr5owner macrumors 65816

you mean the alarm built into windows mobile? lol

with ptravel alarm i think you can set something like 10 alarms, each alarm has a diffrent ring tone (you can set ring tones, default ringers, anything you want as the sound)

also in pocket outlook you can set reoccuring alarms too in the calender. with that you can specify any possible combination for the reoccurence.

if you count all the software for WM you can have like 50 diffrent alarm options lol

6. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

iCal allows for the setting of alarms for every event in Mac OS X; I don't see why that wouldn't be carried over to the Calendar app on the iPhone. I personally have a "Wake-Up" event set every day, with a loud sound alarm set to go off 5 minutes before then.

7. dubby macrumors newbie

according to david pogue of the NYT there is one...

"The $500 and $600 models have 4 and 8 gigabytes of storage, respectively — room for about 825 or 1,825 songs. (In each case, 700 megabytes is occupied by the phone’s software.) That’s a lot of money; then again, the price includes a cellphone, video iPod, e-mail terminal, Web browser, camera, alarm clock, Palm-type organizer and one heck of a status symbol."

but who cares about alarm clocks? with all that status you can be late to wherever you're going anyway :rolleyes:

PS this program is epic.... http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28932

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

That is quite impressive :D :D

9. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Yeah, a really good alarm clock would be a pretty nice feature without having to worry about the Java mess on most phones. Through iCal it should easily be possible :)

10. gracefool macrumors newbie

If you are looking to set an alarm on your iPhone, click on the Clock icon, and the second icon on the bottom row is an alarm option. Prettyyyy simple :) Hope I helped!

11. MisterEd macrumors 6502

Err...

These posts are all from June, when the iPhone wasn't even released, I think we've all figured out how to set the alarm clock now ;)

12. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

13. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

14. kevinwiz macrumors regular

reading is fundamental

15. SAFC2403 macrumors member

I've got a question about the alarm clock. had the phone for a couple of months and used the alarm for the first time last night but i couldn't find a way to get it to play sounds from the songs already in the ipod. Am i missing something here or is it supposed to be like that. Why give 8GB for storage and limit them to only be played on the iPod. Surely it wouldnt take much to allow you to set the alarm tone to be a song on there???

16. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

LOL - I fall for this every time. I'm reading some post, thinking, WTF? How can people not know this... Then I look at the date, and it's some ancient thread that was revived and people are posting on it again...

17. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Give him credit for posting a positive and helpful tip :)

18. SAFC2403 macrumors member

if you could answer my question i'd be most grateful.

It looks like nobody has even read my original post on this thread. Suppose i'd better post a new one then?!?

19. m477h3w macrumors 6502

It is simply the case that it isn't possible I am afraid. You have to use one of the sounds programmed into the phone for the alarm.

This isn't to say that it can't be done on hacked phones. Lets hope it gets added on 1.1.3 :)

20. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Is your phone hacked? I have SendSong installed and that allowed me to send a song to the Ringtone folder, where it showed up when I created a new alarm.

21. SAFC2403 macrumors member

cheers for the quick response. My iPhone is jailbroken so I can add an application. Is sendsong the only thing that can do it??

It does seem a bit strange that apple didn't put it in there. Maybe when the SDK comes out someone can create a better alarm app.

22. afd macrumors 6502a

since the subject of the alarm clock has been raised, can I ask how to switch it off? Every time it goes off I am asleep and I haven't been able to work out how to switch it off!
    I have a recurring alarm set for every weekday morning and snooze enabled. When the alarm goes I usually manage to hit snooze for a couple of times then I try to turn it off. To do this I go to the clock app and switch off that alarm. Then at night I have to switch that alarm on again. Is this not defeating the purpose of a recurring alarm? Can I turn it off without going to the clock app, or hitting snooze?

23. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Slide the bar across the bottom just like you are unlocking the iPhone. Come on guys, this is basic stuff.

EDIT: let me add some detail. If you are using the iPhone and alarm goes off, hit the OK button next to the snooze button. If the alram goes off and you are not using the iPhone, you have the option to hit the snooze button and snooze alarm or slide the button across the bottom to shut alarm off until the next day or how ever you set it up.

24. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

yep

Has to be a ringtone (which limits its length to 40 seconds. Use garageband.

I wake up to the theme from Days of Thunder every morning. Gets my pumped up.

25. santangelo macrumors regular

the think i hate about it is if the phone is turned off it doesnt work which i think is silly!

as i dont want my phone on throu the night