Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is the update with your 3.0 device?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carl74

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2009
Search incomplete

Recently I noticed that when I search on my iPhone 3G, for example for a name, not all the entries in my calendar are listed. Anyone else have this issue?

Comat

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2009
3.0 trouble?

I upgraded to 3.0 about a month ago and all updates since, recently while texting my iphone went blank, and would not respond. With no other options, as my phone would not work, I went to the MAC store. the lady held down the home, and power buttons, and it started back up. However, since then I have had trouble sending and receiving texts, phone calls and emails. Anyone know what is wrong, or had the same issue?

Help if you can...this is no Mac rumor~doing a restart as a solution stopped with my PC right?

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
I upgraded to 3.0 about a month ago and all updates since, recently while texting my iphone went blank, and would not respond. With no other options, as my phone would not work, I went to the MAC store. the lady held down the home, and power buttons, and it started back up. However, since then I have had trouble sending and receiving texts, phone calls and emails. Anyone know what is wrong, or had the same issue?

Help if you can...this is no Mac rumor~doing a restart as a solution stopped with my PC right?

Have you tried a full restore?

fannin269

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2009
Is there going to be a thread for listing 3.1(.1) bugs?

And will vendors who tweaked their apps to work on 3.0 have to put out another updated version?

Sure hope 3.1 is less of a seismic event for now-functioning devices.

Comat

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2009
Iphone

Have you tried a full restore?

I have done 3 complete restores, but still having the same problems. The phone will now call about 1 out of every 10 attempts. It could be higher, but after 10 times I become very discouraged with it working. 3.0.1 may be worse than snow leopard. Why do they release these updates without complete testing? I am ready for a blackberry!

lakeuk

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2008
I was not planning on making one, but can later tonight. Won't be keeping a list though. Just have to go through posts for something specific. Want it?

Yep, new thread for users to comment on 3.1.1 bugs would be useful, saves wading through multiple threads, I've noticed some new ones. The podcast list is not very jerky when scrolling

hackedoffuser

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
Someone reads my phone log and texts

I have the original 8G iphone. Someone can see my dialed and received calls. This person also sends text messages using my number and any number selected. How is this accomplished, and how can I block it?

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Thank you by the link, but will we have something like this link? It would be so helpful for the users.

http://guides.macrumors.com/iPhone_and_iPod_touch_OS_3.0_Bugs,_Questions_and_Comments_(list)

:rolleyes:

I'm glad this thread has been helpful. However, I do not feel it is my responsibility to start a list because it is not my thread. If I were you, I would contact the starter of that thread and see what he/she has in my mind. If he/she would not like to do it, I would consider making one, but it would not be as in depth like the 3.0 list. It would be simple and easy. Please keep in mind I said consider. I am sorry about that, but again, I do not feel it is my responsibility to start a list of a thread that is not mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.