iPhone and time machine

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by woodekm, Aug 8, 2009.

1. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

OK ok. Im not going to freak out ...YET. Not sure if this is an iPhone issue, time machine question or what, so I thought Id start here first.

Just got a new Mini and gave my Mother the old one, so I did a Time machine backup, late last night before I set her up this AM. Also, did a last second iPhone sync with the iTunes that was on the old mini before the time machine backup (actually a couple of autos happened as well). I then of course, cleaned that mini completely with disk.

Tonight on the new mini while setting up, I some how synced my iPhone (hoping for just a backup) and lost all of my calender dates and all of my Contacts. Im not sure exactly what I did while syncing,but I guess it doesnt matter at this point.

Where in a time machine backup, are the iPhone backups? Can I just delete iTunes on the new mini and replace with iTunes from my time machine backup?

Like I said, not sure if this is a iPhone question but it sure does relate to my iPhone.

Man! I got a lot of numbers no longer on my phone, that took years to gather. I may be out of luck on this "mess up".
    THANKS ! !!
    W

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

iPhone backups are stored here:

~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

Not sure if this will help but, if you have your contacts on your Mac, you can set iTunes to replace the contents of the iPhone with what's on your Mac.

3. woodekm thread starter macrumors 65816

woodekm

Oh yes. It DID help. I overwrote the backup that was in the "new" iTunes with the backup that was in my time machine from yesterday, and restored my phone from backup and YES ! !!

Couldn't have done it without your directory direction..

Thank you ! !

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly