iPhone (any model) users: Do you plan on buying an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenan1982, Apr 20, 2012.

?

Do you plan on buying iPhone 5 even though specs aren't yet known?

1. Yes! I'm excited and will be ordering it onlinein store right away at release.

77.3%
  2. No!

22.7%
  1. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I'm curious what percentage of iPhone users (any model) are planning on buying the next product (be it iPhone 5, iPhone HD, etc, whatever they call it). I'm interested to see what the percentage of loyal customers seems to be who are interested in buying it before they even release photos or specs of it. :)

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

im gonna stay with my 4 and go on a non contract plan

3. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

I want to upgrade and there is obviously a redesign on the way. This would only mean Apple will take more of my money. :)

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I have had every iPhone thus far. This is the first year that I am seriously taking the "wait and see" approach. By that I mean that I was pretty much decided about "the next iPhone" before it was even officially announced. This year I am going to wait to hear what Apple officially unveils before I make my decision. I think those other OS's, namely Android, have caught up in fluidity and user experience having used those devices (some pretty extensively at this point). WP7 is a decent little OS too, and should be getting a huge boost in features, resolution, etc. with WP8 here this summer.

5. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

The 4S, is the first iPhone I could see myself keeping for the contract duration.

With that said, it depends on how good the newness looks that'll make me want it.

6. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Due for an upgrade in Jan 2013 so yes, why not? :)

7. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

This poll isn't well constructed.

"Yes! I'm excited and will be ordering it online\in store right away at release." or "No!" don't cover every person's choice. Some people might want to wait to see if the iPhone 5 is worth upgrading to, or some people may plan on upgrading to it but can't when it first comes out. I would re-word your poll and add 2 more options.

8. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

Upgrade eligible 9-1-12. Really liking my 4s...

I dunno. Would have to be something really special.

9. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Probably if the features and design are there. I buy outright anyway so no contract to worry about. I'll buy if it has more memory and features that my current phone doesn't. But if I don't buy I won't jump ship to Android or windows. I'll just wait for the next generation.

10. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I'm saying no as I'm more than happy with my 4S and trying to get off the "must upgrade every year" mentality that has seen me have every iPhone since the original.
    Don't know if I'll be able to resist, though :)

11. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

I currently have an iPhone 4. I might upgrade to a sixth gen iPhone at the end of the year if it's worth it.

12. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Depends on how much better it is than a 4S running iOS6.

13. HimOffTheTelly macrumors newbie

I love my iPhone 4 but I really need much more capacity so I'm waiting on the launch of the sixth gen iPhone to step up to the top line 64gb option (unless by then the storage options are bumped up to 32gb, 64gb and 128gb - one can always dream).

14. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Yup I'm due, i've been month to month since last summer

15. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Yes, I plan on upgrading a dumb phone (2nd line) to the iPhone 5, which I'll be using, and will give my 4S to my parents whom are using the dumb phone now.

16. saberz macrumors regular

I am waiting, my iPhone 4 has been great and I am hoping the 5 is a larger screen. That is my only qualm with it at this point. I use it for email, surfing and music, but it hurts in the email department when im on the go.

The Note has me interested but the few times i messed with a demo unit didnt sell me on it (jerky and kind of slow when doing certain things.) that and if its not out in June I might switch, might.

17. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I think I was more wanting to see how excited people are for the iPhone 5 (or whatever the next would be). I'm the type of person who plans on ordering it. The funny part is I'm so bad that if the iPhone 5 were up for presale today, without any feature list or specs, I'd be first to line up to preorder. It's a great fanbase that Apple has built up, and I think there are a majority of iPhone users who would be right there in line with me.

It's rare to hear from an iPhone fan who says "naw, I don't want the next model" ... good for Apple. Can you imagine if Ford or Toyota had a customer base that lined up for the next model, regardless of it's features? LOL

18. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Please for the love of god let it be released on T-Mobile as well..

19. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

That'd be fantastic for consumers if it happens. I'd imagine it would, I bet the only reason the 4S wasn't was because at that time they were deep in merger, so it was somewhat irrelevant to put the extra effort into it.

20. trina27 macrumors member

I'm not saying yes and I'm not saying no.

Depending on the features I'll consider it. Especially considering I'm ready to upgrade from my 3GS.

21. Demonface macrumors 6502a

i dont think I will .I recently got the 4S so i might skip the iPhone 5 and wait for the iPhone 5S or whatever is released after.

22. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I already have an iPhone 5. But I do plan on purchasing the 6th gen when it comes out. :cool:

23. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I have an iPhone 4 that's doing just fine. If the next iPhone isn't 4+", I'm done with iPhones. I doubt I even wait that long with the great HTC Ones coming out. Those are starting to make the iPhone look very dated indeed. I hope Apple's designers are paying attention this time.

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

For me, it depends on what the upgrade is like. I didn't get the 4S because I didn't feel it was a significant enough change from my 4.

25. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

I voted yes, but, like a few people here I will wait to see what the new features are. If the phone does not have a larger screen, then more that likely, I will not get the 5. I may for the first time since the 3G go with another company. I'm an Apple fan boy, but, the iPhone is now boring to me and not as functional for emails and text messages like other phones I have played with.