Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmy2shoes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.
I downloaded a few apps ( i have only had my 3gs a day) and they all worked fine, i downloaded the new 3.1 software about an hour ago and im not sure if it is coincidence but now when i try and open an app that previously worked it flashes open for a second and then closes again, like it wants to load but it wont.
When i synced my iphone for the first time i did get a message saying somthing like "some of your applications couldnt be synced with your computer as it does not support them" is that anything to do with it> if so is there a way i can stop this happening in the future and get them to work again??

Thanks!!!!

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Are you a registered developer? If so go on the developer forums and get support from others without breaching your NDA. If you are not then that's the risk you take when you download pirated firmware.

Jimmy2shoes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
im not a developer no.....
Pirated sofware? what do you mean?? im talking about the just released by Apple to solve this text messaging virus thing ( i think i explained it badly, apologies for that!)

Jimmy2shoes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
Yeah sorry about that, newbie to all this iphone stuff lol, i tried that but the same thing is happening. it seems really strange it was all working hunky dory earlier!

icewing

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
St Louis
Try unchecking the applications from the Device/Applications tab, syncing the phone, and then checking them and syncing again.

Based on the error message you gave, that might fix the problem.

If that doesn't work, can you list a few of the apps you're having trouble with, so others with the same apps can try them?

alm99

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
I had the exact same issue a few days ago. Unfortunately the only way to correct it was to restore the phone and NOT use a backup. I lost everything, but thankfully all my contacts were synced with mobileme and my mac.

My thread from a few days ago:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/755320/

A restore from a backup doesn't do anything to fix it. Sucks, but with the restore I noticed significant increase in battery life. I was making it from 7am to 5pm down to a remaining 34% battery. I now leave work with 48% battery life. I have an intermittent 1 bar of signal at work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.