iPhone audio/speaker question.

Phutchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ok this is probably a stupid question. But does the iPhone have 1 or 2 external speakers. Looking down on the device at the bottom where the connector is there are 2 grills. I have noticed when listening to anything that if I cover the left grill on purpose or by accident you basically loose all audio nothing comes out of the right grill.

So do I have broken hardware or is the left grill the mic?

Like i said stupid question...

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
hmm if that's the case I wonder if speaking during a phone call is significantly better using the phone in my left hand.

Phutchi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Thanks!

I'm at work, and to be honest the phone is so easy to use I've never looked at the manual :D

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Thanks!

I'm at work, and to be honest the phone is so easy to use I've never looked at the manual :D
I don't blame you. I wouldn't have either, except I couldn't help but consume every bit of iPhone data before and after launch. Think I'm full, now... ;)

Speaking of the manual (off topic - maybe should be a thread?): This isn't in the manual.
Today, I notice a new icon next to the Bluetooth icon. It looked like a phone handset above a keyboard. Looked in the manual at the icon list, and it's not there. The only think that came to mind was phone TTY - sure enough, I had accidently turned TTY on.