Iphone battery and 1.1.1 unlocked phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by goldy86911, Nov 27, 2007.

1. goldy86911 macrumors newbie

I hear after a while(maybe a year or two) that the iphone battery will need to be replaced.
    Will changing the battery effect the unlocked status of my phone? Or will it remain the same(Unlocked)?
    I think that I'll have to send it to apple for the change when needed.
    I hope they don't upgrade the firmware.
    Thanks
    Goldy

2. goldy86911 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone have the answer

:confused:
    Does any have an answer to my posted question about changing the battery and if it will effect the unlocked status on my iphone?
    Thanks
    Goldy

3. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well if they replace the phone then well no unlocked iphone for you but you know they check for your number if you dont have att your screwed and i dont think if they just replace the battery it should affect it in anyway.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I recently sent my iPhone for repairs (repairs were covered within Warranty) and I had jailbroken the phone.

Apple told me via phone with the technician that my iPhone to be properly service would be updated to the latest iPhone software.

Also, when the box came to send in my iPhone, the same note was their. It states

So expect your iPhone to be updated if you send it in.

= = = = = = = = = =

Edit - I sent my iPhone with 1.1.1 and OktoPrep installed. When I got it back I got firmware 1.1.2, but luckily Apple just Restored it once so doing the Conciented Software jailbreak was successful.

5. viet.dunker macrumors newbie

I use my iphone quite alot and the battery isn't how it use to only through 4 months. I heard we have to change battery after 2 years.

I hope by then somebody will come up of how to change the battery like the ipods.

6. goldy86911 thread starter macrumors newbie

Replacing the battery

I just searched a couple of web sites that replace an iphone battery.
    The sites claim replacing the the battery will not effect the unlocked status of the phone.
    Replacement looks difficult due to the fact the the battery is soldered to the motherboard.
    Below are the links I've searched.

http://www.ipodjuice.com

http://www.iresq.com/iphone/

Goldy