Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ckyinhell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
I let my jailbroke iphone completely drain last night and now it won't hold a charge. I've used my car charger, my wall charger, and my toshiba. It acts like it is charging with a lighting bolt and the battery pic but as soon as its unpluged it turns off. I've heard of similar problems and they were fixed by pluging it up to a mac but i just needed to know if it was that big of a deal between a mac and a toshiba. I've also noticed that the screen will not dim on this screen and wondering if this was a firmware issue and causing it to not charge.

if anyone can help

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I let my jailbroke iphone completely drain last night and now it won't hold a charge. I've used my car charger, my wall charger, and my toshiba. It acts like it is charging with a lighting bolt and the battery pic but as soon as its unpluged it turns off. I've heard of similar problems and they were fixed by pluging it up to a mac but i just needed to know if it was that big of a deal between a mac and a toshiba. I've also noticed that the screen will not dim on this screen and wondering if this was a firmware issue and causing it to not charge.

if anyone can help

Restore the phone. Then set it up as new phone and sync your info back in. That should clear any mess out.

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
There was a similar topic two weeks ago or so, somebody recommend it to sync your phone through your computer and not through the wall and I think that worked for the user....

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
Also try putting it in DFU mode while plugged in. Grab a clock and hold the power and home button for exactly ten seconds, then release ONLY the power button and continue to hold the home button another ten seconds. Then release. If all goes well, your computer should recognise it after that.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld

if anyone can help

It happened to me several times when i let me iphone completely drain the battery. It won't charge with car charger AND computer. It would only work with wall charger. Have you check if it's the cable problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.