iPhone - black, red or white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i0Nic, Jun 7, 2008.

?

Which colour iPhone 3G?

1. Black

32 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. Red

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. White

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  4. I don't like any of the colours / Not interested

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys, assuming the leaked pictures from Crunchgear and comments by insiders are correct, the next iPhone will come in a choice of three colours; Black, Red and White. These have been usually described as glossy plastic but recent rumours indicate that the back may be some sort of metal.

Which colour would you prefer?

[​IMG]

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Silver with a black bottom.

Don't mess with my baby.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Where's the white one? :confused:

4. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I'd prefer black, but I like the silver finish on the 1G iPhone.

5. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

Wasn't in the leaked pics, but it's been stated that there will be a white (metal?) back too.

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Maybe the one on the left showing the front?

No profile shot of course.

7. TGFits macrumors newbie

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I would imagine that's a chrome bezel common to both black and red.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

A lie until the Keynote.

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Could be.

If this is in fact the new model, then all models will have the chrome bezel.

11. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

I like the look of the red, especially if it's like the red nano, however I would be happier in the long run with black.

I'll miss the silver/black of the current model though.

12. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I said black, but honostly, if i got to the store and they sai we're sold out of black and white, the only thing you can get is red, I'd go right ahead and get the red.

13. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Red for me, i like a little spice in my Phones.

14. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm surprised red has the most votes and white is currently on zero. Also, I would've thought more people would prefer the classy silver look on the current iPhone.

15. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

I prefer the silver, but if I have to choose one of those three, I'll probably go with black or red.

I really hope it isn't shiny like some of the pictures we've seen though. Regardless of what the material actually is, it just looks like cheap plastic.

16. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

17. Chax macrumors newbie

Chax

I have a (Red) RAZR and the only problem with the color that I've come to find is that it only looks red close up. From even a small distance, in good light, it appears pink to the eyes. That isn't to say that the new, possible (Red) iPhone will have the same problem, but it is just something I've noticed with my RAZR.

Right now I'm leaning towards the white, but I will have to see all three in person before I truly decide.

18. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

There's not going to be a WHITE one - Apple's been getting rid of white.

The only thing WHITE left is the extremely, extremely, old non-aluminum MacBook and hopelessly out-of-date Mac Mini.... :eek:

(runs off screaming....)

:D

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That was my point. The picture shows a black and a red in profile and from the back, and a front picture which applies to either. If it's real, that is...

20. Chax macrumors newbie

Chax

If it is real then that would mean the person that was here last night exclaiming how these were the real iPhones is right. If that is true, than that means he may be right about there being a white iPhone that isn't pictured.

Nothing is proven yet. Not these pictures, not anything. It is because of this that I laugh at those that come here and state their opinions as fact such as the gentleman above me, gkarris. Yes, it may be highly unlikely that there will be a white iPhone, but until Monday, we don't know anything of truth.

21. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I am a big skeptic when it comes to rumours and such, but the puzzles tend to come together a day or two out from a product announcement as they did with the macbook air and the ipod nano. I think we are seeing the same thing here with various sources with corroborating statements. The black/white/red thing has been gaining momentum and I was the last person to think we'll see another white apple product again, even a red iPhone seemed unlikely. However I am firmly in the camp of people believing that some of these rumours are correct, and I undoubtedly believe that the photo above is from a real source and is of the real iPhone, whether it be a mockup/placeholder for the exact final design is hard to say. If I were a betting man I'd say that that photo is what the iPhones will look like.

In any case it's fun to speculate which is what this site is all about, looking forward to the keynote!

22. Chax macrumors newbie

Chax

I agree: it is definitely fun to speculate. In my opinion, what isn't fun is someone coming and falsifying another's speculation with an opinion that holds the same amount of water. That is all that I'm saying.

23. skyton macrumors 6502

24. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I agree with you. It's usually those people that end up looking a bit red faced when the rumour does in fact come true. People here were swearing up and down that the leaked pictures of the iPod nano and aluminum keyboard were fake and apple would never create such ugly products. I remember with the nano leak there were shadowing errors on the picture, and people were using this as a basis of claiming that the pic must be fake - similarly to now with people claiming that because there's no sleep/wake button the red iPhone that it must be fake.

25. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

The pictures are fake if anyone hasn't noticed that the red one has no sleep/wake switch. I do believe that there will be the three colors and I voted black because anything in black from Apple is cool. :cool: