"iPhone Cannot Backup" Error in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Krafty, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Recently I've been starting to get this error everytime I plug in my iPhone:
    [​IMG]
    "Could not backup the iPhone cause the iPhone disconnected"

I'm running a 2G Jailbroken & Unlocked on 2.2.1 with the latest iTunes, however the previous version did this as well.

2. lyndeam macrumors member

same here!

I've been getting the same thing but my phone is not jailbroken. I actually just made a post about this same thing a few days ago: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=681245
    But I haven't gotten any replies yet. I hope someone can point us in the right direction though!

3. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Just a thought, but have you tried using a different cord/cable? Maybe your sync/charge cable has just developed a bad spot in it where it loses connectivity from time to time.
    That was the case with a friend of mine. Her backups & syncs were taking forever. I assumed it was just Windows being slow until it gave that message. I used my better-cared-for cable instead of her "abused" cable and it worked just fine.

4. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

No, cords are just fine. I have 2 and tried both and same thing. The funny thing is after it pops up, if i hit the sync button it syncs everything just fine.

5. iphoneCDN macrumors member

I'm experiencing the same issue. Anyone?? :confused:

6. iphoneCDN macrumors member

Okay I seem to have solved this problem.

I uninstalled iTunes on my Mac, then reinstalled with a fresh download from Apple. Turned off iPhone, plugged it in, turned it on, it synced and backed up perfectly!!

Give it a shot everyone!!!

7. hoonu macrumors regular

Mine is stalling during the backup and never completes. I have deleted the old backup I have... but it keeps coming back. I'm looking to see how I can manually delete it since iTunes wont.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Every time? What are the conditions in which the error is produced... I mean back-u[p means sometime in the filesystem is gone wrong and hence iTunes can't read.