This is a note from a local chemical plant employee that had a bad experience with results that could have been tragic. This is also a good reminder that all garages should be equipped with working smoke detectors or fire alarms.
As some of you may know, we had a pretty scary incident recently. Attached are pictures of what remains of our 2007 Suburban. We are all okay but I wanted to warn everyone not to make the same mistake I did.
This fire resulted from leaving an Iphone charger/docking station plugged into the car outlet. It overheated and started a fire, while parked in our garage. PLEASE unplug anything you have in your car outlets once you turn off your car!
We were VERY fortunate that we accidentally found the fire, at 11pm, before going to bed and before it spread to the house. None of our garage heat detectors or house fire alarms went off.
Feel free to pass this along to anyone you want. Better safe than sorry.
109 KB Views: 1,145
118.3 KB Views: 2,169
115.9 KB Views: 1,607
141.3 KB Views: 1,718
141.9 KB Views: 1,080