iPhone "Classic"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Skika, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Skika macrumors 68030

Hi,

i am just preparing to purchase the iPhone 4 and i am wondering if i should keep or sell my old iPhone which is the first gen 16 gb? Money is no object though i don't want to keep something if it don't have a point.

Do you think it will, in time, be considered something rare and classic like the first gen iPods?

2. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

It might turn out to be of the same hype as the original iPod. You might be able to get up to $100 depending on the condition, but if it looks used I would keep it for sentimental reasons, it is Apple's first phone after all.

3. Fast/Furious macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

If money is no object, just keep it :p You likely won't get much for it considering used 3G's go for around $125-175 where I live. In the next 10-20 years or so I can see that being a huge collector's item especially if you have the box and all the pack-ins.

4. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 68030

OldSchoolMacGuy

No reason not to hold onto it. Use it as an iPod Touch now. What's what I've done with my original iPhone.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt it will be worth any more than $100-120 and probably less down the road.
    Its not a rare item, there's millions of them that have been sold out there.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

As time follow probably. Right now, not worth much.