Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Your gender, and the color of your iPhone?

• Male with black iPhone

Votes: 106 53.5%
  • Female with black iPhone

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Male with white iPhone

Votes: 72 36.4%
  • Female with white iPhone

Votes: 10 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iRich1G

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2009
The Nasty Apple, Taxachusetts
So after reading the post about the recent shortage of the white iPhone 3GS 16GB, I decided to post a poll. In true Macrumors form, the thread went off track and started to discuss how the two iPhone color options are gender specific. Ridiculous I know, but it made me curious as to who here has which color. I, a guy, went with white since I wanted a change in looks from my black 3G. How about you?

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
I'm a guy, and I got the White 3GS. I needed something different than my black 3G, much like yourself OP. I don't think the color has anything to do with gender.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Agree with this.

You both have gone from black to white.

FWIW, I am considering purchasing a black iPhone 3Gs.

My girlfriend wants a black iPhone. She liked my black 3G sooo much, but it's my phone, and I liked the white one. Needed a change of pace. If I got her one though I'd get the black one.

Goes to show the color is insignificant.

Unless you get a sparkly pink case with unicorns and barbies on it. People may start to question things. But hey, at least they wont look at the color of your phone. ;)

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I could see gender being an issue if they came out in Black, White, Purple and Pink. But with white and black? Nope

I have a White 32GB 3GS

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
This poll is ridiculous.

Everyone knows you buy the color that goes with the phase of the moon that was in the sky when you were born. Full-moon people buy white and new-moon people buy black.

Duh.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
eh...I find the white kind of girly...or gay-ey. Just my opinion.

Gay-ey?
Girly, fine, I understand that point...to a certain extent.
But what does your sexual orientation have anything to do with the color of your phone?
This thread is above gender neutrality/ association.
Not sexual orientation.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I have had a white 3G and a black 3Gs.

"But, if youre thinkin about my baby it dont matter if youre Black or white"

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I've got a black one because I prefer the all black look to the contrasting black front and white back of the white ones. If they did the white one with a white front, I'd get one in a heartbeat!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
wow. no chicks taking part in this poll. really surprised. /sarcasm.
Chicks. :rolleyes:
New poll:

Does MacRumors need a separate "iPhone Lifestyle" "Pointless iPhone Questions" forum?
Fixed it for you.
eh...I find the white kind of girly...or gay-ey. Just my opinion.
Gay-ey? Your opinion is seriously childish and screams that you lack any sort of tolerance that a well-adjusted human being should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.