Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjenkins505

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2008
i dont understand people that say these threads are annoying. if there so annoying than why did you even click on them? are your lives that depressing?

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
30mv29j.jpg

kdarling

macrumors P6
All I keep visualizing, is that when ....

• Verizon gets the iPhone,
  • the iSlab comes with a stylus,
  • and Safari defaults to Bing,
... rabid fanboy heads will be exploding everywhere just like the invaders in Mars Attacks!

I tell ya, it's gonna be a real mess.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
All I keep visualizing, is that when ....

• Verizon gets the iPhone,
  • the iSlab comes with a stylus,
  • and Safari defaults to Bing,
... rabid fanboy heads will be exploding everywhere just like the invaders in Mars Attacks!

I tell ya, it's gonna be a real mess.

1. Not anytime soon
2. I don't think a stylus with the tablet will be much of a great idea.... not after the whole multi-touch in the iPhone using only your finger.
3. I can see this; however, Google will be defaulted back on mine.

kdarling

macrumors P6
1. Not anytime soon
(.... snip)

I should've added a smilie. The list was meant to poke fun at those who thought Apple would never do something, just because they aren't doing that something right now.

Like support MMS. Or move to Intel. Or add video to iPods. Or allow third party apps. Every one of those now common items had lots of people claiming it would never happen because of some perceived Apple dislike of such things.

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
I don't want to be a prick, but Verizon ***** all over the iphone just because they can't have it with all their ads attacking the Iphone... Frankly Screw Verizon stick with your retarded DROID, enjoy that while the rest of the world gets the Iphone 4g

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Looking forward to seeing the 27th come and go and the new iPhone release come and go with nothing about Verizon and the VZ fanboys will make all kinds of excuses why it's ok that they didn't get an iPhone.
They will stick to can you hear me now and there's a map for that commercials:)

iphone529

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2007
I wonder how many people use verizon vs att vs tmobile vs sprint. Lets see some numbers people. who is really the BEST!

stewart715

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2008
I'll say it again. Direct from a Data Solutions Manager at VZW, someone I know personally, there WILL be a VZW iPhone late 2nd quarter or early 3rd quarter.

Yup. I heard it direct from Sr. Exec. at VZW (no names :) ). They have already expedited the expansion of the 4G LTE network in preparation.

youngplaya0228

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
I wonder how many people use verizon vs att vs tmobile vs sprint. Lets see some numbers people. who is really the BEST!

I actually want to see this too. Plus hope like hell that the iPhone goes to Verizon so i can get off this crap network. I lived 20 minutes from Dallas and my calls drop LITERALLY every other call, and the second call is always calling someone back after the call dropped to begin with.

kdarling

macrumors P6

Something like this (not exact):

Verizon... 89 million = 33%
ATT........ 82 million = 30%
Sprint..... 48 million = 18%
TMobile... 34 million = 13%
others..... 17 million = 06%
==============
Total: 270 million

Basically, Apple has ignored 70% of the US market up to now. That's ~188 million cell phone users. If 12% of those bought an iPhone, it would be as much as the total world 3GS sales so far.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Those are some pretty big numbers. I don't see why not put a iPhone on verizon, sprint, etc.. The more carriers get it the better.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Thanks, but I don't get my news from a network that reports on tweets. :rolleyes:

FTW! As someone who actually works in the news media, CNN irks me with it's stupid "iReporter" crap. Who knows if these people are telling the truth? That's the whole point of people going to school and then working for a company whose reputation gets built over time.

OK, that's enough of my off-topic rant. :)

Maverickster

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2009
Those are some pretty big numbers. I don't see why not put a iPhone on verizon, sprint, etc.. The more carriers get it the better.

Well, the *idea* with exclusivity was, at least in part, to give the exclusive carrier the opportunity to roll some of the $$ that comes with being the exclusive carrier of the world's most popular phone into infrastructure improvements to support it (and its ever-increasing user base)....

...the best laid plans.

At this point, given the failure of the AT&T exclusive experiment (I wonder about this, actually; whether Apple just chose a bad partner or whether the exclusivity agreement was not structured well enough to mandate the infrastructure improvements), it makes significantly less sense. At this point, if I'm Apple, I'm looking for a way out of my deal with AT&T to try and strike agreements with as many carriers as possible.

If a VZW iPhone happens (and, for the record, I'm in the camp that finds that unlikely), think about what that means for VZW:

1. Best network (this is somewhat debatable, but not much).
2. iPhone
3. Nexus One
4. Droid

That's a recipe for smartphone dominance.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
If the iPhone goes to Verizon, Apple is going to have to explain to all the VZW iPhone customers why their iPhone can't do voice and data at the same time like seen in the commercials. It seems rather stupid for Apple to make those commercials touting that feature of the iPhone knowing that if the iPhone goes to Verizon, the commercial will no longer be true.

Maverickster

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2009
If the iPhone goes to Verizon, Apple is going to have to explain to all the VZW iPhone customers why their iPhone can't do voice and data at the same time like seen in the commercials. It seems rather stupid for Apple to make those commercials touting that feature of the iPhone knowing that if the iPhone goes to Verizon, the commercial will no longer be true.

Pretty sure those are AT&T commercials....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.