Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Well, I can tell you that it works like a charm! Who needs the iPad 2 now when you can get HD quality screen mirroring from your iPhone 4 using this little Apple adapter! I am still on 4.2.1 and loving this! You just need DisplayOut which I purchased on the Cydia store.

So, to clarify: without jailbreaking and installing DisplayOut you can't mirror the homescreen, right?

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Cool I'm jailbroken and will be getting this cyida app if I'm able seeing that I'm still on 4.0.1. (afraid to lose my paid for apps).

brutedawg

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
ok so TL;DR

let me back-track. if i have a non-jb iphone 4, can i netflix to my tv using a DV cable? i think calvy nailed it two posts up but i want a 'hellz yeah, iphone 4 can netflix to tv with dv cable' so i can <exhale> and click 'check out now'

sry for being lame but daayum, it's a tough economy. i want to live lavish but not be all 'yeah i bought a cable, apple tv, ipad, sold 4 kids and care-less about debt so i can watch the office off my phone'

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
ok so TL;DR

let me back-track. if i have a non-jb iphone 4, can i netflix to my tv using a DV cable? i think calvy nailed it two posts up but i want a 'hellz yeah, iphone 4 can netflix to tv with dv cable' so i can <exhale> and click 'check out now'

sry for being lame but daayum, it's a tough economy. i want to live lavish but not be all 'yeah i bought a cable, apple tv, ipad, sold 4 kids and care-less about debt so i can watch the office off my phone'

I undid my jailbreak today because I wanted to enable tethering and use the Personal Hotspot officially. And right now I'm sitting here watching Naked Gun streaming via Netflix through my iPhone on my 46" HDTV and it looks awesome. So yes, it works, without any jailbreaking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.