IPhone Dropped calls on ATT - not on WP7

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by estark, Nov 17, 2010.

1. estark, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010

estark macrumors newbie

I made the switch to a Windows Phone and went from 3-10 dropped calls a day to 1 in the past week --still on ATT. I can make calls in more places too. Seriously I didn't expect this. The helpful folks at the Apple store always pointed to ATT when I asked about dropped calls.

I just think that this comparison can help get Apple to stage one - accept the problem -and move to stage two - fix the problem (not point the finger at ATT for the total blame.). I would like my personal iPhone to work better.

2. jav6454, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  3. 184550 Guest

I had the opposite experience.

I use to have a crappy Samsung flip phone and I would drop a call or two every day. Once I switched to my iPhone, about 18 months ago, I think I've dropped one call. FWIW, this was all in Fairfax, VA.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why is it like every post of yours is about how great Windows is great windows phone, great zune etc....

5. estark thread starter macrumors newbie

If it makes you feel better, this post was from my iPad which I really like. I have heard the same dropped call experience with wm7 & iphones that I have had from two others.

I read this forum often since I use an iPhone, iPod, and ipad every day and a Mac often. Posting info that is commonly known or fawning adoration would not provide any new, useful info to help members of this forum expand their knowledge or experience. I am familiar with these areas in relation to Apple products. If you look on the Zune boards you will find that I have complained that there are a couple features of the iPod that should have been included.

There are many sides to many things. Just constantly looking from one direction does little to expand your knowledge.