iPhone Firmware 1.1.1 Features

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Engadget posted a gallery of photos showing the UK iPhone which carried version 1.1.1 of the iPhone firmware. The new firmware show a number of new features for the latest iPhone update which is not yet publicly available.

- Home Button Preferences - Home, Phone Favorites, iPod, Show iPod Controls
- Version 1.1.1
- International Prefs - keyboards, region format
- TV Out - Widescreen, NTSC options, Closed Captioning
- Edge Roaming - on and off
- Wifi iTunes Store
- Carrier Preference - (seems unlikely this will be available publicly)

An iPhone update has been rumored to be coming shortly.

Article Link

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
Very nice! Turning edge roaming on/off will be great for those who travel with the phone, as the phone does like to use internet access for all sorts of little things which can be expensive when roaming.

spetykowski

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2007
Still Waiting...

That sounds amazing... Im so excited for this firmware update but they need to release it...!!! Still Waiting...

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
HELL YA FINALLY!!! i just wish they added the edge roaming thing before i went to europe :( but its all good now and thank god for the keyboard support i hope they support Polish *crossing fingers

D3LM3L

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2005
Detroit
The Carrier selection menu is available on American iPhones, but only when roaming in another country.

KCARR

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2007
i got that Carrier Preference when i was in Costa Rica but i did not pay that much attention to it(i don't think there was any thing in it)

idk just throwing that out there i not really sure on what it is

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002

Ought to be out soon. The home button prefs will be GREAT!!! Got lots of 3rd party apps and games using Dock 2 to access them - would love to display fewer apps on home screen.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Only the best feature that makes me giddy with excitement when I see it! It means you can play it on tv.
oh i dont think its that big of a deal, unless we had videos to show, it could b good for some reasons but doesnt help us on using the phone itself like an aim app would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.