iPhone first gen weird battery problems.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oripaamoni, Aug 25, 2009.

1. oripaamoni macrumors member

so i have a 16gb iPhone and the battery drains super fast and not only when it is on... for example i fully charged the phone yesterday at about 11 am then i turned the phone completely off and this morning it is at 20%... at first i thought the battery might have an internal short or something so i replaced the battery but it made no difference.... any ideas?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

How did you replace the battery can I ask? 1st Gens don't have replaceable batteries.

3. oripaamoni thread starter macrumors member

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Gonna guess that that is probably why you're having problems.

5. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Had you used the soldering iron on your phone before the problem started?

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Congrats! You just voided your warranty (if you had any left) and may also be the cause of your battery acting up on you.

Now, in all seriousness. Take it to Apple man. Yeah it hurts to drop $199, but you get the job well done.

7. oripaamoni thread starter macrumors member

... Wow guys. Problems where before I replaced the battery. Phone dose not have any warrany anyways it's my back up phone I have a 3gs also. Not to mention I design and build circuits for a living this is by far one of the easiest soldering jobs I have ever had to do, go to ifixit and you will see how it's done.