iPhone Forums: Debbie Downer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilnyc, Oct 1, 2007.

1. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

I'm a newbie who joined MacRumors a little before the iPhone was released. I wasn't going to buy one because it lacked 3G, but after a while on these forums, the excitement got to me and I gave in, buying the iPhone on June 29th.

I loved the experience, waiting in line, and running back here to share stories with other excited iPhone owners and having people ask, "Is that an iPhone?" with excitement on the street.

NOW it seems that this forum has more complaints than anything. It's a major downer.I believe some competitors seed negative comments but most other complaints seem to be rather frivilous (e.g. I hacked my iphone and now it's screwed, I dropped my iphone and Apple won't replace it, there's a dot on the screen, etc.)

Please hold up the PERFECT cell phone. Let us all see it. I want to see it.

The iPhone is $400 now. No one forced any of us to by it, and we all had plenty of chances to learn what it does and does not have.

I have not hacked my iPhone, and I am so excited about the updates. I still feel today like I did on June 29. If anyone knows where HAPPY iPhone people are, please point me in that direction.

2. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I absolutely love my iPhone. I think it is the greatest piece of (consumer) technology I've used since the iPod.

3. lilnyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

^ 5!! Let me tell ya. I used to miss calls all the time because I was listening to my iPod and had my phone tucked away. But with the iPhone, as you know, the music lowers when you get a call. Once I was on the treadmill when I got an important business call I would have otherwise missed. And you don't look as rude at the gym when talking into white ear buds as yo do with a big cell phone in hand.

I did buy an OQO 2 to make up for some shortcomings (broadband and MS apps), but the iPhone is not a Pocket PC. It works perfectly for its purpose to me (with the exception of the speaker phone volume). And if it doesn't suit my needs, honestly no one forced me to buy it nor keep it. I don't understand some of the complaints.

4. Noumenon macrumors regular

Some people have nothing better to do than to point out problems.

Btw, it's 'buy' , not 'by'. :)

5. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

In a forum such as this, you'll find more complaints because people are coming here for help...or to complain. :rolleyes: The same holds true for most other Apple products. Hang around long enough and you'll see the trend.

I love my iPhone, too! :)

6. Geffen macrumors 6502

Well its really nice to see some positive comments about the iPhone for a change, i just purchased my 8GB iPhone last week and i've been very pleased with it, the iPhone does everything that its required to do. Theres just too many negative posts on the opposite end of the iPhone. I was almost discouraged from buying one after reading all of the problems and grips about the iPhone, I think so many people forget this is a first generation iPhone just as the iPod had a first generation at one time also.

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

My iPhone is absolutely perfect with the 1.1.1 update. I couldn't be happier!

8. daysleeper macrumors member

Good thread. I got my 8gb refurb yesterday, and based on these boards I completely expected to get a piece of junk with all kinds of screen issues, crashing problems, etc.

It is a beautiful piece of hardware and software, and I can't wait to see how it helps me in day-to-day life.

That being said, the phone came with firmware 1.0.2 and I have an old version of iTunes-- and I don't plan on upgrading either any time soon.

9. GTiPhone macrumors regular

Good for you. I cannot argue, as it is a very pleasant experience to live in Apple Fanboy Fantasy Land.

Unfortunately in real world, the real iPhone has real problems. Some of which were just magnifyed by the update.

10. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I love my iPhone. I think that if you came to the iPhone as a music lover and iPod user then you are more likely to love your iPhone. Heavy business users and techies who have not owned an iPod may no "get it", at least not right away.

11. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Sorry to hear that for you! Mine has actually improved since 1.1.1. What issues are you having?

12. mcvaughan macrumors 6502

13. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

14. PDE macrumors 68020

I don't see that many complaints about the iphone at all. In fact, the main complaints I see is Apple/ATT's policies by people who LOVE their iphones. I'm one of those who loves their iphone, but who feels Apple and ATT have gone too far with their control of it.

Those who complain the most are those that love it the most and want it to be even better. it's not black and white, with complainers not liking the iphone and those who don't complain liking it.

15. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I love my iPhone too (now that I have a new one without the negative black screen problem).

I replaced my 1st gen 5GB iPod and Sony Ericsson z520 cell phone with this one device.... it has more storage space, it plays video, shows photos, cover-flow is neat, has pretty good PDA functionality, email, web ...

Plus, it gets much better reception than my old cellphone did - so I can actually use it in the house! I've never dropped a call.

I love it... but it could be improved. ;)

16. devman macrumors 65816

devman

Not the near queue; the far one.

17. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

It's not an N95?

Wah wah wah.

As for the wrinkles, they'll be solved in time. This is not the beige box apple we're talking about here. They do _some_ things right. It's way to early to start crying about things just yet.

In a year maybe, with no change, then you can start the blubbing.

18. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

No problems here. And I live in the real world.

Then again I did not hack my phone (not sure if you did), maybe that is why.

Maybe people should add a * after their posts about problems with their iphone. The * would mean they hacked their phone. Would help some of us in reading the comment threads.

19. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Yeah, that's one of my favorite features! I sometimes will put on the iPod on purpose when I'm expecting a call just so I can experience its music-fading coolness. I know, I'm a nerd...
    Anyway, I super love my phone. I've been like a kid on Christmas morning since I got it. I know there are some features missing that some people would like to see, but the iPhone is a new product and those features will come eventually. In the meantime I'm highly enjoying what the iPhone can do.

20. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Not everyone used third party apps. If you think the majority of iPhone users are upset about 1.1.1, then you're living in your own fantasy land.

21. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Another happy iPhone user here. Love the new features of the update and love the phone just as much as I did when I first activated it June 29th!! :)

22. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

i am an extremely happy iPhone user. i think i may be the first person in northern ireland to have one, and i'm incredibly happy about that, in my own nerdish way. i understand fully the risks when i bought it, i knew it *might* not work from the outset, i knew that it could be bricked, but i still bought it.
    people that are complaining about 1.1.1, its silly. apple must be seen to 'protect' the sanctity of the device. if they allowed it to be hacked to bits, they'd be like any other piss-poor cellphone company.

23. aonflux macrumors member

I agree completely! The iPhone is so beautifully designed and well-thought of, why would anyone want to change its look, or add some ugly theme or clutter its clean desktop.

24. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

after i installed apptapp, i took a look at some of the themes and was like, yuk.:D

25. camarobh macrumors 6502

iPhone

I haven't parted with my iPhone since I bought it on launch day. Sure, there are some features I wish it had, but I knew what it was when I bought it. The update is great and I look forward to many, many more.