Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Viking

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
I, for one, would gladly pay a fee to a game developer that could get Bejeweled working on the iPhone. It's the perfect way to play it (or a clone thereof). What's the possibility of porting a Flash game like that to AJAX?

I'd be willing to bet there's a tall bounty to whomever could build a few games like this, and run a subscription-based site of iPhone games.

This would be so much simpler if we just had Flash support!

What other games should make the jump? Are there any right now that anyone knows of?

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I shall bring to life your nice little thread. :)

I just thought about this- you know what would make an absolutely tremendous iPhone game?

Bookworm

http://www.popcap.com/gamepopup.php?theGame=bookworm

Anyone ever play that game? It's like scrabble with falling pieces, where you have to spell at words. On the computer, you drag your mouse across multiple letter to form a word. This is PERFECT for an iPhone/multitouch environment. I would absolutely drop $10 or even $20 on this game for the iPhone.

bigkidfallsdown

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
I'd love a nice Texas Hold'em game.

I'm going to miss playing that on my RAZR...but having the iPhone makes feeling go away quite a bit.;)

The Viking

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Wow-ee!

Excellent Bejeweled port! If this was better advertised (with a site in English, perhaps) this would easily generate revenue! I'd love to see the "timed" version that only ends when the timer runs out (and the timer is refilled when you complete jewels).

Again, commendable work, it's good enough to create a store around!

The Viking

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Donation sent, by the way, and I believe work of this caliber deserves mention in other forums. Maybe send Arn an email to drop it in his "tapthatapp" program!

myiphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Poland
I will add timed version game in next release (don't know when, I must take short break from coding), but there is on problem. There is no place to put "Pause" button :)

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
i reckon some kind of multiplayer game to interact with other iphones. like u kno that multiplayer ping pong game that you move your laptop to either side and it moves the block thingo... maybe something like that in the iphone (if it has motion sensors!)

Edit: oh and alien invaders!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.