Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
United States
Do you think apple will once again refresh it next year. I was thinking of getting one when my phone plan ends in March but I don't want to get something that old school, I need to have the latest technology.

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
there are like 3 of these threads already on this first page alone

SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
I think they'll release minor and major improvements every year to keep the market going. It's their biggest and most inclusive product ever made, even more-so than the iMac and iPod. Heck, I think it's their marquee product now.

dancertom3

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm hoping that they do. Now that they've got rid of the plastic used for the Macbooks, I'm inclined to think that they'd do the same for the iPhone. Perhaps something similar to the new Macbooks?

How long was it between the release of the 1st gen iPhone and the 2nd gen iPhone? Maybe that will give a rough idea of when the next refresh is coming.

RED™

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2008
Near German Black Forest
How long was it between the release of the 1st gen iPhone and the 2nd gen iPhone? Maybe that will give a rough idea of when the next refresh is coming.

I can only tell for the german releases - the first iPhone came out November, 9th 2007 and the iPhone 3G on July, 11th 2008 - a 8 month period.

If Apple follows this trend, the next iPhone could be expected from late Q1 2009. Just my two euro-cents:D

swy05

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008
Do you think apple will once again refresh it next year. I was thinking of getting one when my phone plan ends in March but I don't want to get something that old school, I need to have the latest technology.

Jesus Christ. What are you, a ****ing diva?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

Then you will never enjoy technology. That's the love/hate relationship everyone has with technology. You buy something today, tomorrow (literally) there already some better out in the market.

Waiting for that one product will make you stay in Wait Land as technology evolves, and quite fast these days. Just buy & enjoy. Heck I still have my old 1st Gen iPhone and have no need for 3G.

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
United States
Then you will never enjoy technology. That's the love/hate relationship everyone has with technology. You buy something today, tomorrow (literally) there already some better out in the market.

Waiting for that one product will make you stay in Wait Land as technology evolves, and quite fast these days. Just buy & enjoy. Heck I still have my old 1st Gen iPhone and have no need for 3G.

I know... what I mean is I got to get it the day it comes out. I am not going to get something thats going to get improvements in a few months. If thats the case I will just wait.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008

QTF.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Are you capable of reading the numerous other posts available on this very subject, or are you too busy popping zits?

I nearly popped a blood vessel laughing at this response. :D

To answer the OP: I think there will only be a capacity increase in the (relatively) near future. A meaningful revision(better screen, processor etc) to the iphone won't appear until sometime in the summer.

richie88

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2008
The new iPhone should be slim, lightweight, and more space. It should be made for gaming, music, internet, etc. What do you say?

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
better camera, (3.2MP), better design yet again, 16GB standard, better cpu, second front facing camera, etc.

july '09

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.