iPhone Jailbreaking Research

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duchessmel, Feb 11, 2009.

1. duchessmel macrumors newbie

I am currently in grad school and have to complete a research paper for one of my classes. The topic I've chosen is the perceptions of jailbreaking an iPhone and how it affects those who do it. If anyone would like to participate in this research I would greatly appreciate it. In the next few weeks I will be putting together a survey for those who choose to participate to take. If you would be interested in participating please respond to this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Melissa

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

This sounds very interesting and I would like to see what you come up with so I would like to be part or this research.

3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Depends on the approach and the scope. How are you going about doing this research paper?

4. Nanook macrumors regular

Nanook

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you need any information, see the sticky thread called "New to iPhone World? Facts for 1.0.0 to 2.2.1"

That has information on Jailbreaking/unlocking (definitions and such). If you still, need more information for your research, send me a PM or an email.

6. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

Sounds interesting, I like the concept of your research paper so you can count me in.

7. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

I would also need you to elaborate more on the premise of the paper before agreeing to take part, but I like the general idea.

8. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I'm also in grad school and I wrote a paper on the forensic analysis of the iPhone for my Digital Evidence class last semester. If it's any consolation, I got an A in the class and scared the crap out of my professor so depending on the scope of your work, I'd be happy to help. :)

9. WRXface macrumors regular

10. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm game, but can I remain anonymous or can I use my rapper name "MacThug" or "Fifty-Three G?" Just kidding; I'll help out anyway I can PM me. :D

12. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Interview me! I've been jailbreaking ipod touches and iphones for me and all my friends. I have a lot of experience. ;)

13. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

14. Haephestos macrumors regular

15. OrangeDog macrumors 6502

I hope you use protection.

16. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Don't worry, I always do. ;)

17. Haephestos macrumors regular

Roflmao!!!

18. duchessmel thread starter macrumors newbie

This is for an Action Research class I am taking. Right now we are just coming up with the topic and main question for the research. We meet again in a few weeks and will begin to develop how we are going to go about obtaining the research needed. I know that a survey is the route I'm going to go.

Melissa

19. duchessmel thread starter macrumors newbie

This paper itself is in its early stages. My class was just asked to come up with a topic and to be looking into finding people who would participate in the research. As mentioned in an earlier reply, I know I'm going to go with creating a survey to get the majority of the data I need. I plan on going in to what "jailbreaking" is and the general perceptions of it and plan on using the survey I create to see how those who actually "jailbreak" their phones feel about it....why they did it, what are the pros and cons, etc.

I'll have more info....and it put together better.....in the next several weeks.

Melissa

20. duchessmel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to everyone who has said they will participate in the research. This will be anonymous. I will hopefully be getting the survey out to everyone in the next several weeks. My class is doing this is steps...so I have to wait for the professor to say to proceed to that step.

Thanks again!

Melissa

21. duchessmel thread starter macrumors newbie

I just wanted to give a very brief update on my research project. I will hopefully be posting the survey one day next week. If anyone would like to answer some more in-depth interview type questions as well, please let me know.

Thanks,

Melissa

22. Swizz macrumors newbie

23. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I'll gladly help out with those in-depth questions.

24. WRXface macrumors regular

didnt someone else post something like this before?
    but i am defintly in!:)