Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duchessmel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
I am currently in grad school and have to complete a research paper for one of my classes. The topic I've chosen is the perceptions of jailbreaking an iPhone and how it affects those who do it. If anyone would like to participate in this research I would greatly appreciate it. In the next few weeks I will be putting together a survey for those who choose to participate to take. If you would be interested in participating please respond to this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Melissa

mohicanspap

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2008
I am currently in grad school and have to complete a research paper for one of my classes. The topic I've chosen is the perceptions of jailbreaking an iPhone and how it affects those who do it. If anyone would like to participate in this research I would greatly appreciate it. In the next few weeks I will be putting together a survey for those who choose to participate to take. If you would be interested in participating please respond to this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Melissa

This sounds very interesting and I would like to see what you come up with so I would like to be part or this research.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Depends on the approach and the scope. How are you going about doing this research paper?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
If you need any information, see the sticky thread called "New to iPhone World? Facts for 1.0.0 to 2.2.1"

That has information on Jailbreaking/unlocking (definitions and such). If you still, need more information for your research, send me a PM or an email.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
If you need any information, see the sticky thread called "New to iPhone World? Facts for 1.0.0 to 2.2.1"

That has information on Jailbreaking/unlocking (definitions and such). If you still, need more information for your research, send me a PM or an email.

Sounds interesting, I like the concept of your research paper so you can count me in.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
I'm also in grad school and I wrote a paper on the forensic analysis of the iPhone for my Digital Evidence class last semester. If it's any consolation, I got an A in the class and scared the crap out of my professor so depending on the scope of your work, I'd be happy to help. :)

duchessmel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Depends on the approach and the scope. How are you going about doing this research paper?

This is for an Action Research class I am taking. Right now we are just coming up with the topic and main question for the research. We meet again in a few weeks and will begin to develop how we are going to go about obtaining the research needed. I know that a survey is the route I'm going to go.

Melissa

duchessmel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
I would also need you to elaborate more on the premise of the paper before agreeing to take part, but I like the general idea.

This paper itself is in its early stages. My class was just asked to come up with a topic and to be looking into finding people who would participate in the research. As mentioned in an earlier reply, I know I'm going to go with creating a survey to get the majority of the data I need. I plan on going in to what "jailbreaking" is and the general perceptions of it and plan on using the survey I create to see how those who actually "jailbreak" their phones feel about it....why they did it, what are the pros and cons, etc.

I'll have more info....and it put together better.....in the next several weeks.

Melissa

duchessmel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Thanks to everyone who has said they will participate in the research. This will be anonymous. I will hopefully be getting the survey out to everyone in the next several weeks. My class is doing this is steps...so I have to wait for the professor to say to proceed to that step.

Thanks again!

Melissa

duchessmel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
I just wanted to give a very brief update on my research project. I will hopefully be posting the survey one day next week. If anyone would like to answer some more in-depth interview type questions as well, please let me know.

Thanks,

Melissa

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.