iPhone launch Sept. 26

tyknep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
As I was walking out of the AT&T store today, the representative said, “see you on the 26th.”

I asked him if there was a memo from AT&T that the launch date would indeed be the 26th of Sept.

He replied that they have training sessions and blackout dates prompting that they are hopeful the new iphones will indeed launch on Tuesday, Sept. 26th

You’re welcome.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
As I was walking out of the AT&T store today, the representative said, “see you on the 26th.”

I asked him if there was a memo from AT&T that the launch date would indeed be the 26th of Sept.

He replied that they have training sessions and blackout dates prompting that they are hopeful the new iphones will indeed launch on Tuesday, Sept. 26th

You’re welcome.
Straight from Apple's mouth to us! Awesome!

/sarcasm

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

You’re welcome.
I don't know about that. For example, If the iPhone Keynote is around the 5th or 6th of September, then figuratively the preordering should be on the 8th, perhaps with a launch on the 15th.

Although, the caveat could be the iPhone might launch slightly later this year based off previous rumors. So, it's possible a later launch date could happen. But I'm leaning towards what my thoughts in my first paragraph.

tyknep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
I don't know about that. For example, If the iPhone Keynote is around the 5th or 6th of September, then figuratively the preordering should be on the 8th, perhaps with a launch on the 15th.

Although, the caveat could be the iPhone might launch slightly later this year based off previous rumors. So, it's possible a later launch date could happen. But I'm leaning towards what my thoughts in my first paragraph.

https://twitter.com/VenyaGeskin1/st...se-date-rumours-price-features-specs-3639808/

Blackout dates from Sunday, Sept 17 - Nov. 4th.

Makes sense for Keynote Tuesday, Sept. 19th with release and launch date Sept. 26th.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
This isn't a verified source. We have no idea if this twitter bulletin is legitimate and Venya Geskin does not always report facts also. Again, could it be possible? Maybe. But I still have my doubts and I'm leaning towards the Keynote early September, with the launch around the 16th.

Last edited:

Cryates

macrumors 68030
Nov 19, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
They will not do a Tuesday release. It will be a Friday. The keynote will also not be the 19th. It will be the first or second week of September.

The most likely scenario, in my opinion, is keynote September 6, launch September 22.

tyknep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
They will not do a Tuesday release. It will be a Friday. The keynote will also not be the 19th. It will be the first or second week of September.

The most likely scenario, in my opinion, is keynote September 6, launch September 22.
Speculation, it’s ALL speculation.. That’s what makes it fun!

masotime

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
No one expected Apple to launch iPads at WWDC, but they did. I would not be so quick to dismiss rumors. Apple can do whatever they want, they have no obligation to follow historical trends with regards to release dates.

Cryates

macrumors 68030
Nov 19, 2013
Chattanooga, TN
No one expected Apple to launch iPads at WWDC, but they did. I would not be so quick to dismiss rumors. Apple can do whatever they want, they have no obligation to follow historical trends with regards to release dates.
Sure, they could switch it up - but with the iPhone 8 expected to be the company’s biggest device launch in history, there’s no way launch is on a Tuesday.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Understandable. However, The iPad and iPhone are different launches respectively. The iPad is expected approximately every 18 months for an update, which has no real definitive set date in comparison to the iPhone on an annual basis. The iPhone traditionally has followed suit in Mid September for the launch. I highly doubt an iPhone would launch on a Tuesday.

michael9891

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2016
England
I suppose I should get used to all the fictional facts that will be popping up on here until the keynote. If someone wants to share something that may or not be true, fine. But pointless to present a guess as a fact and expect everyone to thank you for it.

Reactions: eyoungren

Infiniverse48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2017
History:

2012: Sept. 12th (Wednesday)
'13: Sept. 10th (Tuesday)
'14: Sept. 9th (Tuesday)
'15: Sept. 9th (Wednesday)
'16: Sept. 7th (Wednesday)

2017: Sept. 6th (Wednesday)
Preorders September 8th
Launch September 15th
Potentially delayed launch until September 22nd for more mass production time. Limit one per customer to combat the biggest scalping product in history?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.