iPhone lighting cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Alexrat1996, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Alexrat1996 Suspended

where should I buy the original lighting cable Best Buy or staples they both sell Apple products ?

Do you recommend I buy it from there ?

I purchased Apple care and apple HDMI cable from staples and had no problems at all.

I would buy it at the Apple Store but it's always packed if that's my only option I will get it there.

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

why not just by a certified one online, amazon has great 3 packs for like 10.99 US

3. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

But the Apple Store I took my iPhone 7 in on Friday told me to stick with the original Apple lighting cable and not go third party cable .

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

well of course they are, they want you to buy there! dude just use certified ones from respected sellers you'll be fine, no need to reply just go do it! peace! :)

5. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Lol just buy an Anker cable from Amazon,I would suggest the powerline series.
    They are Apple Mfi certified and are much better and more durable than apple's cables.

6. r34skylin3 macrumors newbie

r34skylin3

I got a apple 2m cable on eBay for $7 works perfectly fine

7. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

Best Buy. You can build up reward points.

8. RobT, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016

RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Go with Anker or Spigen on Amazon. Not every third party cable is trustworthy, but Anker and Spigen are good and priced right.

EDIT: There may be more (and there are likely more) third party cables that are good. I just know for sure Anker and Spigen work well, last (reasonably) long, and won't damage your iPhone.

9. C5.4 macrumors member

C5.4

I own about 7 of these cables and one of these, all of them work perfectly. The only Apple cable I have is the one that came with my iPhone 7. Amazon's and anker's last longer and work just as well. Apple just wants your money

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The OP bought an Anker certified cable and it did NOT charge his iPhone.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have had zero problems with anker cables. Have a half dozen of them.

12. stulaw11 Suspended

Nothing wrong with Anker or Amzon Basics. They are MFI certified by Apple.

My Amazon brand 6 footer has lasted 2 years now without a hint of damage to it or the ends fraying like Apple OEM cables do.

13. Rob9874 macrumors 6502

Just bought 3 Amazon Basics 3' cables for $19.11 shipped ($5.99 ea). I notice they sometimes stop working after a year or so (which is why I'm buying more today), but at 1/3 the cost of an Apple branded one (which I've also had go bad), it's worth the risk.

14. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

And highly durable with affordability.

15. JayLenochiniMac, Sep 26, 2016

JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There's one advantage to sticking with OEM cables. If any one of them craps out, you'll be able to replace them under warranty for as long as your iPhone is under warranty.

16. jetsam macrumors 6502

I always buy cables from Monoprice.com. They are MFI certified and have a lifetime guarantee. I've used that guarantee twice. No issues in getting the cable replaced - they didn't even want the defective cable back.

17. Abs_p, Sep 26, 2016

Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Hardly an advantage. Anker has a no questions asked 18 month warranty, Amazon has a 12 month warranty,Monoprice gives a "lifetime" warranty . All of these three companies have exceptional customer service and charge 1/3rd the $ apple charges all while giving you the same warranty apple would.

Anker for me is the way to go. I wouldn't ever buy Apple cables. Remember, a fool and his money are soon parted.

18. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's most certainly an advantage if you can replace your current Lightning cable five years from now under your 2021 iPhone warranty (assuming they still make it). Like I said, they'll replace any cable under your current iPhone warranty no matter how old it is. No 12-18 months warranty limitation.

As for Monoprice giving a "lifetime" warranty, it's significantly easier to swing by the Apple Store and replace it on the spot than package up your defective cable, mail it in and wait for its return.

19. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

It's funny I went to an Apple Store and they actually sale other brands of Lightning cables. Bought a threaded 10 ft one.

20. Rob9874 macrumors 6502

I mentioned above that I had just ordered some Amazon Basics cables today. After reading about Anker, I checked them out, and decided to cancel my order for the Amazon Basics and order Anker instead. Now I just read about the Monoprice lifetime guarantee, so I was able to cancel the Anker order with Amazon, and placed an order with Monoprice. 3rd time's the charm.

21. flappple macrumors newbie

The nice thing about the Apple Branded cables is that you get a 1-year warranty for replacement if it frays.

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Or as long as your iPhone is under warranty. The Lightning cable that came with your iPhone 5 is still replaceable under your current iPhone 6s/7 warranty.

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

24. PieTunes macrumors 6502

PieTunes

I can attest to Amazon Basics cable. I have one in my car and use it every day. Great build quality for the price. At least they don't separate and fray like the authentic Apple original cable. Happened to me twice so far.

25. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

I have two Anker cables and oh my they are solid. The quality is great!! +1 for Anker.