iPhone Look Alike

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by toxicbomber, Oct 19, 2007.

1. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

Has anyone else attempted to get their iPod Touch to look like an iPhone or am I the only one? :eek:

2. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well... just to say, hey I have an iPhone. Something tells me I should have just bought the phone for $100 more. :p

3. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

so you can be extra pretentious.

how old are you?

4. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

15.... nothing is wrong with doing what I did. I don't see why you have such a problem with what I am doing. :eek:

5. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

What are you planning to do -- walk around all day conspicuously holding your iPod up to your ear and talking to yourself loudly?

6. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know it's quite crazy. But the phone app is now my new contacts so it DOES have a use. SMS is er... well I just replaced it with Apollo just now and it actually has a purpose. :p

7. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

You should pretend to send email, check the weather, update your calendar, and take photos while you're at it :p

8. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Barring the camera, I'm just giving you a hard time. I just don't see the reason to pretend it's an iPhone. I think if you're trying to look cooler, you're not going to be helped when people realize you spend your time pretending your Touch is an iPhone...seems kinda pathetic to me. The Touch is nothing to be ashamed of :)

11. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah... well.. yea I'm restoring it now as I type. Any themes you guys would suggest?

12. ryan.go.habs macrumors regular

Damn, all that work and you are restoring it? PM me.

13. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

dude seriously all that work and its going down the garbage? At least share your iPhone look alike files and iPhone theme with those of us who want to have it look like an iPhone also! If its possible at least. I've heard u say uve spent ours on that project and ive always wanted to have GST iPhone look myself , and if not publically, PM me as well:)

14. Macgic macrumors 6502

Iphony

I can see it now your talking on your phone err...Ipod touch when all of a sudden you hear a generic ring.....you pull out your phone and you look like a complete fool. I hope I am there to laugh. :p

15. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

16. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Well, not only can he claim to have an iPhone, he can claim to have the new 3G, 16GB, ultrathin version... ;)

For the camera, just tell people to look at the apple when you take a picture.

17. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I've got the second generation iPhone. :p Seriously thou, I restored and thought.. what the heck have I done? I quickly began work on the new iPhone that looks better than ever! Have a look!
    [​IMG]
    Everyone at my school wants to see my iPhone. Some crazy guy shouted out in the hall way AND at lunch," HEY GUYS HES GOT AN IPHONE!". I started to sink down in my chair a bit. I guess the iPhone touch is sometimes TOO attractive. :eek:

18. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Contact me on AIM if ANYONE wants to transform their beloved iPod touch into an iPhone. I have been working on an app to do this all manually. It's done. Tell me if anyone wants it. toxicbomber@mac.com :D

19. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

20. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

21. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

toxicbomber, I tried to e-mail you but it didnt go well...

22. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

And can you imagine the embarrassment if another kid comes and says "my phone was just stolen, can you pleeeease call my mum for me"? :D

23. toxicbomber thread starter macrumors 6502a

No this thread has not died yet, but apparently your creativity has. :rolleyes:
    My email is toxicbomber123@gmail.com. Sorry for the confusion.