Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020
An update after a full week...

Daytime on cellular, evenings on WiFi.

980bff3793916b65fe5211ed9d54372d.jpg

Reactions: iApple_man

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
I thought it would be interesting (for current mini users) and also potentially beneficial for potential mini buyers to see what the average “Screen on Time” for the week is for mini owners.

I got a pop up on my watch a few minutes ago, stating my SoT daily average for the week was 27 minutes 5G.

***Please state whether your use is WiFi, LTE or 5G.
I know I mentioned battery life early on and you posted and I understand why you said you couldn’t measure right away.

For me, I honestly measure battery life from when I have to plug in again.

Like today, 5:48am 100% and as of this post, 44%. That’s all I need and for me this will probably be the most realistic week but saying that, since I’ve had the mini, the battery has been better than what I thought and I don’t have any created anxiety about charging my battery.

Basically I plug ? up 1 time and that’s at night.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I know I mentioned battery life early on and you posted and I understand why you said you couldn’t measure right away.

For me, I honestly measure battery life from when I have to plug in again.

Like today, 5:48am 100% and as of this post, 44%. That’s all I need and for me this will probably be the most realistic week but saying that, since I’ve had the mini, the battery has been better than what I thought and I don’t have any created anxiety about charging my battery.

Basically I plug ? up 1 time and that’s at night.
I think I am at the pointe where I can go 1.5 days between charges. I am going to give it a shot and see how it goes. I am very pleased with the battery thus far.

DumbPhone

Suspended
Sep 6, 2020

IPhone mini users: Report Your Daily Use Average For the Week With “Screen on Time”​

no...kaa:)

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
A lot of you are getting excellent battery life.
None of them have stated how many times they charge in a day. We can’t assume that battery life is on a single charge. And the OP hasn’t asked for that information either. For all we know it might be using up 200% battery life in a day.

Reactions: DumbPhone

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
Do you really get 10-15 hrs screen on time on a single charge?
I mentioned that I only measure my battery by how many times I charge in a day. A few posts above I explain that.

And yes, for yesterday I did, but stop at 10hrs. You added the thru 15hrs. There is no 10-15 hrs.

Just get the phone man and enjoy.

Reactions: RRC

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
None of them have stated how many times they charge in a day. We can’t assume that battery life is on a single charge. And the OP hasn’t asked for that information either. For all we know it might be using up 200% battery life in a day.

I agree. I have an iPhone 12 and a somewhat heavy user. Mostly on LTE when I’m at work 8 hours a day. Screen time is irrelevant.

When I go to bed I’m usually around 45%. When I wake up the battery hardly moved maybe 42-43%.

When I wake up play with my iPhone a bit while having coffee. Then I charge my iPhone with a 20w then take a shower and make my lunch.

Time I’m done my iPhone 12 is usually charged at 95%’ish then I leave work.

All above is on WiFi.

Get to work about 5:30am and 90% on LTE because I’m mobile. Usually around 12:30pm with medium - heavy usage I’m down to about 35 - 45%.

At 12:30pm I charge my iPhone with the 20w and in 30 - 60 minutes I’m charged up to at least 85%+.

When I get home and stay home I’m 100% on WiFi and like I said above when I go to bed I’m usually at 45% and don’t charge.

So in my case I’m charging 2x a day but not a 0% to full charge.

I’m interested in the mini but would have to be close to the above usage and charging habits etc.

RRC

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2020

I did... I stated I charge overnight, no topping up and no charging during the day.

kory108

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
18FA8C32-67D2-4D58-89F8-D52D99373344.jpeg

This is what I’m seeing so far (charging nightly). Not sure what happened this past Sunday - had to restart the phone to stop the battery drain. Otherwise I’ve been happy with the battery life coming from an 11 pro.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
I will edit the OP. It is supposed to be charging once a day.

The best way IMO about battery life is from the time you’re at a 100% charge to when you need to charge again let’s say 20%. How many hours can you get out of it. And whether you’re a light , medium or heavy user. And whether or not you’re on WiFi or cellular.

For example when I start my day at 100% charge I can’t get through a whole day to bedtime. I wake up at 3:00am and start my day at 5:00am. When I start my day at 5:00am I’m at 95 - 100% charge.

When I start my day I’m on cellular only to about 1:30 pm - 2:00pm. Usually at around 12:30pm with my usage and being on cellular I need to charge to get me through the rest of the day to bed time. At 12:30pm I’m normally at 20% - 35% battery. That’s when I recharge with a 20w for about an hour until 95 - 100%. The rest of the day since I’m on both WiFi and cellular and with my usage to bedtime at around 8:00pm I’m usually at around 35 - 45% . I don’t charge at bedtime because they battery hardly or doesn’t move on standby. I’ll charge to 95 - 100% when I wake up the next morning while I’m taking a shower and eating my breakfast.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
The best way IMO about battery life is from the time you’re at a 100% charge to when you need to charge again let’s say 20%. How many hours can you get out of it. And whether you’re a light , medium or heavy user. And whether or not you’re on WiFi or cellular.

For example when I start my day at 100% charge I can’t get through a whole day to bedtime. I wake up at 3:00am and start my day at 5:00am. When I start my day at 5:00am I’m at 95 - 100% charge.

When I start my day I’m on cellular only to about 1:30 pm - 2:00pm. Usually at around 12:30pm with my usage and being on cellular I need to charge to get me through the rest of the day to bed time. At 12:30pm I’m normally at 20% - 35% battery. That’s when I recharge with a 20w for about an hour until 95 - 100%. The rest of the day since I’m on both WiFi and cellular and with my usage to bedtime at around 8:00pm I’m usually at around 35 - 45% . I don’t charge at bedtime because they battery hardly or doesn’t move on standby. I’ll charge to 95 - 100% when I wake up the next morning while I’m taking a shower and eating my breakfast.
But without giving us SOT this doesn’t tell us a lot.

I just read that the mini doesn’t hold a day for u but not why and with what usage.
telling us how many hours u are actually using the phone would be more helpful then at what time u wake up and recharge.

Reactions: George Dawes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.