iPhone mini: when?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by animatedude, Nov 3, 2014.

1. animatedude macrumors 65816

i'm sick and tired of slippery iPhone 6!

Gorgeous display yes but it's useless for one hand use...I never liked the 4 inch size of the iPhone 5 either but at least i was able to use it with one hand sometimes.

The perfect size for one hand use will forever be the 3.5 inch on the iPhone 4.

Which makes me wonder if  will consider releasing an iPhone mini...I'm just wondering ;)

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

3. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Im thinking a 4" iPhone 6 mini or iPhone 6S mini or iPhone 7 mini to replace the current 5S but no 3.5".

4. Kauai macrumors 6502a

How many hands do you have?:rolleyes:

I will never understand this obsession with one-handed use.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

As soon as Apple rebrands the 5s as the mini.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well by all means, let's make the iPhone require feet too. After all, if you have a body part then it's mandatory you use it on your iPhone, isn't it?

7. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Sorry man but I dont think that is ever happening. 4" might be the smallest iphone size if that ever happens.

8. TigerMSTR macrumors regular

I'll ask Tim for you.

9. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

For you. Not everyone has the same size hands. And I'd rather have a screen that is slightly less usable with just one hand but allows me to read more easily than a tiny screen that cramps my hands to use and makes everything look tiny.

10. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

They'll keep around the 5s one more year, but after that it's all 4.7" or larger.
    What I don't get is why iphones are the largest 4.7" phones being made. Needlessly large.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I've been a two handed user since forever. I just don;t find myself in situations where freeing my other hand benefits me in any way...

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

February 30, 2015

13. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

I feel sorry for you. The whole industry has moved on. Even the "mini" models of other brands are bigger than 4 inch. Apple tried to stick to the one handed use size last year but the market has spoken. The next iPhone and iPhone Plus will remain at the same sizes.

14. Kauai macrumors 6502a

Eh, okay, let's pretend you make any sense. Lol. :D

15. AppleRocks2011 macrumors member

AppleRocks2011

iPhone 5C

Here's the thing though, with the iPhone 5S *potentially* being rebranded as an "iPhone Mini" or something, what happens with iPhone 5C?

I think it was pointless, but I wonder if it'll even make it past one generation.

16. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Make the iPhone mini just like the current 6 but also in the same colors as the current iPod touch line: [​IMG]

Now you get the compact size and the color component going in preparation for the (inevitable) departure of the iPod touch.

17. NellSounz macrumors member

NellSounz

Ditto....what's wrong with using 2 hands??

18. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Nothing, but I'm not going to put down whatever I'm holding just because I want to do something on my phone.

19. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

The iPhone Mini existed from 2007 to 2012, in various yearly models.

20. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I'm using my plus with one hand right now.

I'm a short girl with tiny hands. It can be done in a pinch.

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The market is trending to larger phones, not smaller ones. I think the odds of seeing a smaller phone all but disappeared with the iPhone 6 (non plus), because they could kept that the same size as the 5/5s/5c but didn't. So it doesn't make sense right now to produce a smaller phone when they moving towards the larger models.

22. Paco II macrumors 65816

Mobiles started huge, then got smaller and smaller. Then they started getting bigger and bigger. As with many trends, odds are good we will see a smaller iPhone again someday.

23. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

When?

When Steve Jobs once again, walks on Gods green earth. But when that time comes, and it will come. Your last worry will be about the size of the iPhone screen. You will be too busy trying to survive the zombie apocalypse.

24. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I really love the size of my 5s, and don't like the size of the 6 at all. It's just not as comfortable. I skipped the 6 because of this. I'm hoping we see 3 sizes next year.

25. ChangshaNotes macrumors newbie

There are many times I use my iPhone 5s one handed. Taking the dog out, holding his leash, eating a sandwich, copy something from the phone to a whiteboard, holding on to a rail while standing on a bus, smoking a .... However, I think the trade off for a larger screen is worth it for me.