IPHONE most annoying feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by petalino, Dec 5, 2010.

1. petalino macrumors regular

I use my Iphone a lot and think that its a really great device, but my situation is different from most other user's.

Well maybe not that different if you live in NY City and take the subway frequently.

Here it is:

So I have a few webpages open in Safari at all times. I can easily browse and read these when I am in range of a 3G signal, but when I go down to the subway where there is no signal, the Iphone wants to reload these pages when I just want to look at what already loaded when I had a good signal.

This happens most times, but not always. I guess that if I loaded the page some minutes ago, reloading is off, but if I have not accessed the page for over an hour or so, the phone wants to reload it, and leaves me with a blank screen if there is no signal.

Like many people in NY, while in the subway I like to play with my phone and wish that I could read a text from a page which I already preloaded while having good signal.

I wish that there was a way to swith off page reloading.

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I was just thinking this exact thing yesterday, I wish there was some way to disable auto-reloading.

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Me too. I live in the UK and go to London frequently so use the tube a lot. I have the same problem there.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Try using the 360 Web Browser, I just downloaded it last night for .99 cents. It's a much better browser and feature rich than that of mobile Safari. Even though I just got it, I like it enough to make it my primary browser already.

5. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm not a programmer, but it seems to me that this would be a relatively easy tweak.

Just automatically disable page reloading if no signal is detected.

Maybe submit the suggestion to Apple?

6. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

That only happens (for me) if you quit safari. If you leave it open, it will keep the pages in memory

7. NancyZ macrumors member

Most annoying feature to me is repeatedly accidentally hitting the mute button. They need to move that thing. Sooooooo Annoying! :confused:

8. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

what? How can you accidentally hit that?? You're holding it wrong, lol

9. BobHail macrumors 6502a

Most annoying feature is probably the really quiet speaker phone.

iPhone is the quietest phone I´ve ever had. :mad:

10. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

OP, I use Atomic Web Browser and ever since I have never had your problem.

http://atomicwebbrowser.com/

I also like the full screen mode when reading news articles.

11. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

For me, it's a close call between not being able to delete calls individually and not being able to make custom text tones for SMS/MMS.

12. mrmister macrumors regular

JAILBREAK. Every problem listed on this page is solvable. Just because Apple hasn't solved it yet... ;)

13. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

14. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

Uhm.... guys, how about the REAL annoying features? Like notifications which interrupt EVERYTHING you're doing, and once you click them away and didn't catch what App they came from you have to go HUNTING for it! Rather than there being a list of recent notifications...

Also, how about the absolutely useless and enormous RETURN key in text messages, which I hit ALL the time when I really want to hit the Space key? Space key a bit larger, Return key a bit smaller (who needs it, and if you do, how often?). But no.... Since day 1 it's been like that.

Now THAT'S annoying!

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Its users.

16. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

LOL. Another annoying thing is the inclusion of a volume slider in the multitasking bar, but no brightness. :mad:

17. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

this happens to me when i am switching between tabs on safari or multitasking >_>;

18. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, Jailbreak and fix every problem on this page plus tons more. No it wont change your battery life. No its not illegal. No it wont void your warranty (if you're smart) and it takes five minutes to do. Best thing Ive ever done. Everything Ive ever wanted on my iPhone I an now have. No idea why so many are against it.

19. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Use Instapaper, it will save the pages for offline reading.

20. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

No. Its the proximity sensor.

21. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

the status bar auto-scroll to the top of the page. it can be useful, but most times I accidentally tap it and lose my place in reading.

22. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Probably another way of Apple trying to maximize battery life.

23. nexsta macrumors 6502

Oh yes!

After seeing the promo video of this browser and without testing it I have to say the interface is fugly and a no-go for me.

24. X2thaP macrumors member

+1

Just leave Safari open in the multitasking, this way when you re-open it, it won't reload your pages. I use it this way.

25. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

It still reloads. :rolleyes: