Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
6-Series.
Nice car.
I drove the M6 at Spartenburg when I took the 2-Day M School. I have an 05 M3 and am starting to give some thought to getting the new M3 in October. Or I may keep mine and start doing some mods for track duty. My M3 doesn't have the premium package so I don't have Bluetooth in it. But I do have my iPhone paired with my Garmin Nuvi and that works well enough for now. But if I get the new M3 it'll probably be bare bones (except I'll get the double-clutch gearbox).

rayward

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Something like 60% of BMWs are leased.

High residual value makes them very attractive to lease, especially when paired with free service and maintenance for 4 years, which outlasts the lease. Makes cost of ownership very low in comparison to other brands.

Also, returning leases are run through the Certified Pre-Owned program, and the dealers make more money flipping a returned car than they do selling the original.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
High residual value makes them very attractive to lease, especially when paired with free service and maintenance for 4 years, which outlasts the lease. Makes cost of ownership very low in comparison to other brands.

Also, returning leases are run through the Certified Pre-Owned program, and the dealers make more money flipping a returned car than they do selling the original.
Yes, I know about that.

My M3 is leased, but I will probably keep it anyway. Can't bear the thought of turning it in (unless it's for another M car). It's just too much fun, despite the crappy gas prices.

senorFunkyPants

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
England
My M3 is leased, but I will probably keep it anyway. Can't bear the thought of turning it in (unless it's for another M car). It's just too much fun, despite the crappy gas prices.

Gotta love the E46 M3..I'm on my third (smg).
By all the accounts the new M3 is slightly less engaging, certainly the fully loaded price is eye watering.
How do you hook up your iphone to your M3? (quick swerve to get back on topic!)

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
By all the accounts the new M3 is slightly less engaging, certainly the fully loaded price is eye watering.

Bluetooth and the 6FL "iPod/USB" option. One is for calls and the other is for music. With 6FL and Nav all your song titles, artists, playlists etc show up on the screen. With nav and bluetooth your contact list, top 8 most frequent contacts, missed calls etc all show up as well. Everything in the call menu can be operated through voice activation (which comes with nav) but you can only get to the song list through voice activation for the music--you can't say the name of a song or artist to get to it, you're limited to scrolling, which is much slower than actually scrolling on the phone itself.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I have a Garmin Nuvi 760. I pair my iPhone to that for phone service. I don't hook it up in any way for music. I mostly listen to news radio in the car anyway. I also have Sirius, but it sucks and I mostly only activate it for road trips.

I saw the new M3 GTR race car at Sebring. Rahall-Letterman had it on display at the 12 Hours of Sebring last month. It looks awesome, and 485 HP. I can't wait to see it race (we're hoping at Petit Le Mans this fall).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.