Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
With the current technology, it's impossible to make a phone as small as the iPod Nano 6G. Heck, some giant phones can't even last a day... :rolleyes:

Do I have to remember everybody of the Motorola Flipout. So yes :apple: can easily create a iPhone nano.

motorola-flipout-7.jpg

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Do I have to remember everybody of the Motorola Flipout. So yes :apple: can easily create a iPhone nano.

Do I have to remind you that it was a wildly unsuccessful product. They can make it, they could also make an iPhone Shuffle but that doesn't make it a good idea.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Do I have to remind you that it was a wildly unsuccessful product. They can make it, they could also make an iPhone Shuffle but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Agreed.

The smallest smartphone ever has gotta be a tie between the HP Veer and HTC Aria. They would be the smallest size I could think that Apple could theoretically make the mythical "iPhone nano" but neither of those phones caught on due to their small size...

MikeELL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Perth, Australia

Agreed.

The smallest smartphone ever has gotta be a tie between the HP Veer and HTC Aria. They would be the smallest size I could think that Apple could theoretically make the mythical "iPhone nano" but neither of those phones caught on due to their small size...

Hence the "Revolutionary user interface" - a device that small will not work unless you have voice assistant.

MikeELL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Perth, Australia
For the record, the current iPod nano is rated at 24 hours of continuous music playback.

To calculate how this battery size might translate into cellular use, I looked at the current iPhone 4 battery which is rated at 40 hours continuous music playback and 7 hours talk time. Doing the math, 24/40*7 gives you 4.2 hours of talk-time for a hypothetical iPhone nano of that form factor.

Long story short, I don't think battery life is the problem. Maybe it's too hard to fit everything in, but I wouldn't post this unless I thought it was feasible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.