iPhone + new SIM -> failing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ct2k7, Feb 2, 2010.

1. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Hi, I've been sent a new SIM by O2 due to a change in my mobile tariff, Pay Monthly -> Pay As You Go.

I have an iPhone 1st generation from April 08 :)

And as of writing this, I was just about to take a pic and iPhone 3.1.3 decides to install, but this is something I've noticed: both SIMs are slightly different.

The older card has a bigger chip, smaller one has a smaller chip. Anyone know the reason for difference in size?

Anyway,

whenever I put the phone into airplane mode or even reboot it, the phone asks me to connect to iTunes. Today, it happened in the most inconvenient place just before I was to make a call.

On connecting to iTunes, I have to agree to the terms and conditions before it activates the device. iTunes then tells me that the iPhone has been successfully unlocked.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

regardless of the form factor of the gold, all SIMs will work in an iPhone. If it doesn't it means you got a defective one. Just call O2 and let them know about it.

3. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

I've got another SIM, same thing keeps happening with it. Weird thing is that it doesn't happen with the bigger chip SIMs, only the newer smaller ones.