Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
How is it the end of the thread?. You haven't the permissions to lock or close it.
maybe he's leaving ;)

You people are still b1tching about all of this? Wow, seriously people....
This is better
No, this is better
Nope, this is better

WHO CARES?

What do you get if you prove them wrong? Exactly, nothing. Stop wasting a portion of your lives on something so ignorant. Sheesh.

If you like it, fine. Like it and shut up about it. You're sounding like a bunch of 2nd graders
My dad can beat up your dad.
Nuh uh..my dad is bigger than yours so he can beat your dad up.

Here's an independent test between the two screens.
Agree or disagree. I don't care.

Wired.com article
DisplayMate blog Nexus One vs iPhone

they are not going to read these independent tests, because, you know, N1 has to be better ;)

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
I still want to see a side by side comparison. Who cares what some scientist thinks (or any other person for that matter), what matters is what you think. So anyone owning both an iPhone and a Nexus One up for taking some pictures?

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I still want to see a side by side comparison. Who cares what some scientist thinks (or any other person for that matter), what matters is what you think. So anyone owning both an iPhone and a Nexus One up for taking some pictures?

Ridiculous ...
So if I think my old Nokia N70 is better than N1, I am right just because ... I think :rolleyes:

Very interest point of view: tech specs and analysis counts only when you can bash the iPhone :D

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
This whole thread is spiraling downward, faster and faster, deeper and deeper into pointlessness and inconclusiveness...

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Ridiculous ...
So if I think my old Nokia N70 is better than N1, I am right just because ... I think :rolleyes:

Very interest point of view: tech specs and analysis counts only when you can bash the iPhone :D

It's not about right and wrong, it's about perception.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Ridiculous ...

That's exactly what I'm saying. If you like the N70 display better than the N1 display, so what? That is what matters in the end.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
I don't know what hyping you're referring to, maybe it's that giant tv blitz that we saw before the N1 was released... oh wait no, must have been all the billboards that they bought up... no wasn't that either. That must've been the gigantic Verizon Droid campaign that's been going on since December perhaps? Oh you must be referring to the release conference that occurred Jan. 5th right? The one that's just like every Apple release conference ever? They brought out Superphone, huh well that reminds me of the "magical" iPad, or the "incredible" iPhone that we hear about each and every year... Gee, I guess they reeeeeeally overhyped that one and it didn't live up to the promise at all. If that's what you're talking about, I just feel sorry for you. Google didn't hype anything, they gave the unit to their employees, and "we" did the rest.

People build up things in their collective minds, sorta like the Apple tablet perhaps? I bet you were one of the people decrying it as soon as it was announced because of your "two tablets from a different mfr. that you own" and your "friend's iPad" that you've played with for a bit. While you clearly feel the need to hate on anything non-Apple, some of us are open to trying different things. Personally, I had an iPhone from August 2007 to January 6, 2010, and I got tired of it and decided to try something different, doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

1/ Purchasing system falls over, rejecting credit cards left, right & centre.

Not sure how that relates to the phone, because it doesn't in any way. There's one strike. I can't say that I had any trouble ordering my phone at all...

2/ No telephone support whatsoever.

That would be nice, though I haven't had any problems yet so I haven't needed it. Additionally, while a brick-and-mortar location would be pleasant, Apple stores are atrocious at serving customers efficiently and are notorious for either being stuck-up and talking down to people about their problems or not knowing what they're talking about... at least from my experience... guess that's not a strike

3/ Ringtone sounder is as good as useless - a mouse could fart louder.

Yeah and the iPhone is a freaking megaphone? No... can't say that either of them are particularly great in any respect... Strike two

4/ AMOLED is barely visible in daylight.

Maybe if you don't turn the brightness up. I agree that this shouldn't be necessary, but it's perfectly visible if the brightness is increased, even to 50% in my use. Often the adaptive brightness is much less and is unreadable, but hey 25% is rarely gonna be that great. There's a gigantic difference between that and keeping it at 50% or higher. This is highly overrated, maybe I'll not give you a strike here.

5/ What's with that redundant little trackball, that HTC seem to cling onto?.

What's your problem with the trackball? Hey I'll tell you what I like, a system of notification that repeats until it's addressed but is non-obtrusive... sounds good to me, just like the iPhone right? Oh wait, there you get an initial screen light-up and two follow up buzzes, then nothing. That's a great system, not to mention no customization to what you might like.... Here's an arbitrary statement, "what's with that redundant chrome bezel, that Apple seem to cling to?" Surely that serves no purpose at all right? There's another strike, guess you're out before this is over.

6/ Apps are rubbish on the whole.

Hey that's a legitimate statement, or is it? Well, I'd say that the Bank of America app is exactly the same on both platforms, which is weird cause it's apparently rubbish on Android... guess it must be on iPhone OS as well right? Twidroid, as good as any iPhone Twitter app I've used. Facebook, just as functional as the iPhone version. Beautiful Widgets, just as helpful on Android as on... oh wait, that doesn't exist. We get static weather, finance, etc on iPhone... huh, too bad there. There are certainly many more useful apps in the App Store than there are on the Android Market at this point, but that doesn't mean the ones in there are rubbish. Especially with as many gratuitously pointless apps as there are in the App Store, or haven't you looked at those? Well there aren't four strikes, so I guess you're ejected for sucking and for being a total douchebag...

Google think they can just magic some hybrid OS out of thin air within 3 years (OS X has been around since around 2000) and expect it to be as good as an OS that has been tried & tested for 9+ years?. So it is based on Linux kernel... and?. I think not.

Wow, so how long has Linux been around in general, since we're comparing the mobile OS' progenitor software? I'm pretty sure it's been around since before 2000 just like Mac OS X, and the iPhone OS is not Mac OS X, though it's certainly based on it. So it's based on an OS X kernel... and?. I think not.

Apple may create hype, but at least the product they tempt, taunt & excite people with lives up to expectations!

I have owned TWO Android handsets in as many months, and a friend has owned one. Considering ALL of these three handsets are in the process of being sold, kinda tells you something about how immature Android is, and how the Google hype and marketing of which you accuse Apple of doing, falls flat on it's face due to complete disappointment from consumers. Okay, so a few thousand geeks will LOVE Android because of it's affinity with "open-source" - big deal :rolleyes:

So you're telling me that the product that people are constantly complaining about, and saying is lacking, lives up to expectations? I doubt it, and they aren't even realistic to begin with, so you have absolutely no point whatsoever. Sounds like you're making judgments based on your extremely limited knowledge base. Hey, I can do that too. I have owned an iPhone, and so has my brother... both of these are sold/in the process of being sold to get the N1. Guess that tells you something about how tired iPhone OS has become and how much more we can do with open minds and a willingness to try something else out to see if it's better... early results = yes. I guess I must be a geek because I think I'm getting more out of my N1 because of its responsive notifications, its actual proper Exchange integration, its hardware, its looks, its "open source" (read non-closed nature not requiring warranty-voiding to alter no matter how reversible that is), its lack of douchebag fanboi motherf*ckers like you that have no sense whatsoever when they make comments... oh wait they're here too. I'd say you lose, but nice try

Wow, that was long-winded... thanks Stella, you kept me going through this

wow, this would have been a good response addressing the original points if it weren't for the insults and profanity. People, sometimes less is more.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.