iPhone not getting signal after jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PuppyLuv, Jan 14, 2008.

1. PuppyLuv macrumors member

My iPhone was firmware 1.1.2 and I downgraded it to 1.1.1 to jailbreak and blah blah you know the rest. Well basically now ever since the jail break downgrade I cant make/receive calls and sometimes it periodically says something like "iphone needs to be activate," once I docked it after the downgrade it said it activated. In the top, left corner it says "No Service," and I can make no calls, not even 611 and no apps that work on EDGE work. Any idea how to fix this.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

First of all, an OTB (out od the box) 1.1.2 can't be downgraded in order to make/receive calls. You can only downgrade to jailbreak, install Oktoprep and go back to 1.1.2.

To make/receive calls you need also to downgrade the Baseband; however, that is not possible with the new 4.6 Bootloader.

3. PuppyLuv thread starter macrumors member

Ahh thanks I did that and it works fine now :)

4. rainmanbk macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

I am having a similar problem. I'll explain it as best I can.

I had 1.1.1 jailbroken for a while. Everything was working great. Then I installed some Extended preference app from the installer.app source list. I think this was the problem. I had problems after a restart with a flashing white and black lined screen. So i put it in restore mode, and restored it to 1.1.1. did it again. installed that extended preferences thing and summerboard, restarted, got the same white black lines. so i said to myself, that must be the problem.. restored again, and only installed summerboard and bsd subsystem. happened again. so i figured i'd update to 1.1.2. restored 1.1.1, followed instructions to 1.1.2 from modmyiphone.com, and it was working fine. until i restarted, then it did this strange boot loop where it would stay at the apple, and vibrate twice every 8 seconds. so now i downgraded to 1.1.1 but i think i deviated from the instructions a littlebit and now i can't make calls. i can restore and wahtever as much as i want but it just tells me it's waiting for activation... i'm not sure what else i can do short of going to an apple store or and at&t store.

5. scottrussell macrumors newbie

No Service after jailbreak

Any luck on fixing this RainManBK? I've experienced the exact same situation you describe. After jailbreaking the phone, I got the the vibrate/freeze issue. But after restoring, my iPhone (jailbroken) is working great but says "No Service" and I can't make phone calls.

6. scottrussell macrumors newbie

PWNAGE reversed due to NO SERVICE

Well, I tried to be patient. But ten hours later, I gave up on thinking the phone would suddenly make calls again. Bummer.

I found a discussion on HowardForums about this, and it was suggested that I check the (by default, unchecked) "enable baseband update" option. I then unchecked the bootneutering stuff since I don't need that -- or really even know what it means. I also unchecked "unlock baseband" since I have an AT&T simcard/account.

So, the PWNAGE tool then built a custom IPSW with the baseband updated. Result: this didn't work either!

So I restored from the Apple IPSW, and I'm back in business again with AT&T. But of course, no third party apps. Again, bummer.