iPhone on Red Pocket Mobile

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
H2o was doing just fine and then they dropped the ball, they changed the terms of their plans no longer offering unlimited DATA, and the call quality is not that great at night time for some odd reason < i get one bar of service, now my question is doesnt red pocket use the same network as h2o? I dont want to experience the same horrible call quality
All redpocket, H20, straightalk do is use AT&T's network. They are resellers.
So it wont make any difference in the same area if you have issues with one you will with all of them including AT&T.

Razor1973

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2007
MMS not working

How did you guys get MMS working? I get voice, can send/receive SMS and get 3G, but no MMS, in or out. Please help!

I have a jailbroken and unlocked AT&T iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1. I use http://unlockit.co.nz to set my APN profile like many others and if you check the settings in their Red Pocket profile, they match those recommended by Red Pocket on their site.

I have restored the phone twice on 5.0.1 and 5.1 (can't do 5.1.1 because I never saved my 5.1.1 SHSH blobs before 6.0 came out) and still nothing.

By the way, I can't change APN settings manually. That option doesn't appear in my settings. I know there's a pay app in Cydia that forces this menu to show, but aren't my settings already correct if they're coming from the unlockit Red Pocket profile?

Any advise please?

kkiran

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
Can someone please tell me their experience with unlimited international calling only for $39.99? How is that even possible?! Is there a catch?

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Can someone please tell me their experience with unlimited international calling only for $39.99? How is that even possible?! Is there a catch?
Is not implausible, International calls these days aren't such a big deal as it used to. If you really want to go el-cheapo, lots of people use totally FREE VOIP apps.

I only used the service once so far, direct dial didn't work so I used method number#2, dial a local number, THEN when it answers I dial the International number, had to dial fast, more than a couple of seconds pause and the $&^@# automated attendant goes, "that's not a valid number, try again!" but it works.

Andreao

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2013
Folks here is a place to get them!!! Im trying to convert from att also!!!

http://andreao.vitelwireless.com/sim-cards.html

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2011
Can I use my Verizon iPhone 5 on this? I've seen people use the Verizon iPhone 5 with an ATT sim, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

Thoughts?

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Can I use my Verizon iPhone 5 on this? I've seen people use the Verizon iPhone 5 with an ATT sim, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

Thoughts?
The SIM is just a few bux, you don't even have to charge$ it, so if once you register the SIM and you see RED POCKET on top left, am going to say you are good to go. Next step is to charge it with $10. If ur not happy, you have lost like $15.

Assuming u don't need to port ph#, and RP doesn't give you an option to pick your own#.