iPhone or iPad ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MichaelS99, Sep 14, 2011.

1. MichaelS99 macrumors newbie

What should I get ? I am a 13 year old boy and currently using a MacBook Pro 13" (i5) and an old iPod Touch 3rd Generation but seriously need something new and will run smoothly on casual gaming and web surfing, etc.So what should I get an iPhone 4, wait for the iPhone 5 or get an iPad 2 ?:apple::roll eyes: Thanks in advance !

2. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

iPad 2 for sure. it does every thing iPhone does, just a lot better. minus phoning, obviously.

3. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Well, an iPod Touch 3rd Generation is similar to an iPhone...so you've already experienced that style. If you've never experienced a tablet device, once you get your hands on an iPad, you will feel it's amazing.

An iPad is more of a revolutionary device, whereas an iPhone is more of a "personal" thing you pull out while on the go.

The iPhone 5 could very well surpass the iPad 2 as far as how revolutionary it is, but really either option is great.

If it were me, an iPad 2, but they're both great.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

It depends on what you do. You've surely played with the iPad2 in the store. Is it something you would like?

The clearest benefit I can see for a 13 year old would be the size, because it enables you to read books on it. Actually, that's pretty nice for people of any age :)

5. shoppy macrumors 6502a

ipad 2, I am selling my iphone and just getting a normal phone,as all I do is text and call and check the odd email. My iPad cam email very well and I prefer the bigger screen for all my apps. So hardly use my phone at the moment.

6. emilykrys macrumors newbie

emilykrys

I prefer the iphone myself too ive been able to do everything I wanted with it without much trouble.

7. micawoli macrumors member

What do you guys, and gals of course, think of an ipad 2 vs a macbook air 11"? My macbook (mid-late 2007) is running out of steam and I'm thinking of replacing it with one of the two.

Any suggestions would be great!

8. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

If you don't need a phone in your device the iPad 2 is the way to go.

9. palpatine macrumors 68040

There are many threads covering this topic, and you really shouldn't hijack the original poster's thread. The question is about ipads v. iphones.

If you tell people what you want to do with it, then they can give you some useful advice, but in general (this applies to the current thread as well), the iPad/iPhone is considered to be a complement to rather than a replacement for a computer (for various reasons).

10. MichaelS99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone ! I think I might just get an iPhone 5 for christmas and an iPad
    1G when my dad comes back to England (he currently resides in the Philippines coz my parents are divorced). :)

11. palpatine macrumors 68040

Sounds like a good plan :)