iPhone or Sidekick LX?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by penter, Oct 1, 2007.

1. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

Well, the title kind of says it all: iPhone or Sidekick LX?
    If i go for the sidekick LX it would save me the hassle of having to unlock the iPhone (I use t-Mobile) and lose my warranty, but at the same time i would be missing the chance of having the "sickest" phone out there....
    There are advantages and disadvantages on both sides. What do you think i should go with? what would YOU go with?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

3. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Your on a site called MacRumors... do you really think someone is going to make a big enough argument against the iPhone?

4. penter thread starter macrumors 6502a

penter

i should clean up my question then:
    what are the convincing arguments towards GETTING an iPhone, instead of a Sidekick LX? right now im leaning heavily toard the Sidekick...

5. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I disagree...there are a lot of fanboys here, like me, but...i think there are plenty of people that would say get the sidekick.

7. penter thread starter macrumors 6502a

penter

8. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Lol actually yes and no...i like both phones i had an unlocked sidekick 2 and i loved that phone, so pretty much im sure you would be happy with either phone the iphone is the new thing, touch everything, ipod etc...but the sidekick is, well the sidekick, you dont see all these movie stars and rappers rocking them for nothin lol

Really its up to you and your preferences, the sidekick has more features (IM..etc) but the iphone does what it does do effortlessly and effectively

9. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

If i were gonna get another phone no besides the iphone I have. I would get a tytyn 2, look that its "sick" ; )

10. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

i had a sidekick for 3 days and hated it, sent it back to t-mobile with a quickness, i don't see what's different with the new ones except they may be a tad smaller.......i love my iphone.....but what does a sidekick have other than messengers...smdh the net on that phone sucks....crashes everytime your on myspace.people say edge is slow on the iphone but the sidekick take as long to load webpages if not longer and everything is not quite as pretty as on the iphone.. and there so damn heavy and big.....:eek:

11. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

No contest.

Tried them both.

iPhone. Period.

Of course you need to make sure ATT is right for you (cost, coverage etc..)

12. penter thread starter macrumors 6502a

penter

My contract with T-Mobile ends in two months. I'll see if the iPhone will help me save money.
    the Sidekick definitely is no match for the iphone, but at least it will save the hassle of switching to AT&T, and it has the EASY-TO-USE querty keboard...
    Is it just me, or it's really difficult to type on the iPhone?

13. jk111 macrumors regular

i found it very hard to type the first day i had it but it is very easy after a day or 2 and even if you spell a couple words wrong,i find it corrects it for me perfectly

14. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Might be hard now but I was going to suggest get a 1.0.2. iPhone and unlock it to T-Mobile. That's what I did. I would never get a Sidekick...

15. penter thread starter macrumors 6502a

penter

I would really like to unlock one, actually and just keep my T-mobile account.
    Isn't your warranty void, though?

16. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Yeah that's true, plus Apple is only going to service active AT&T iPhones too. :\

17. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

do you seriously expect people to point you in the direction of the sidekick on a website called "macrumors.com" ???

18. penter thread starter macrumors 6502a

penter

No, i would expect people to discuss the topic in an unbiased manner, pointing to pros and cons of both devices. I can make my own decision. Other's opinions just help.

19. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Assuming you are going to keep t-mobile, then to me the real issue here is how comfortable are you unlocking an iPhone.

Do you care if you might not get all the lastest updates?

Do you care if you void your warranty?

Do you feel comfortable with the steps necessary to unlock your phone to begin with? If not are you able to pay someone to do it for you?

If those aren't a concern to you, then go for it. The iPhone is amazing.

If they bother you, then probably stick with the sidekick or consider switching over to AT&T when your tmobile contract is up.

How's that?

Considering I feel that unlocking an iPhone will send you directly to hell for all of eternity, I think that was fairly unbiased. =D

20. penter thread starter macrumors 6502a

penter

wow. I can't believe I would have ever asked that original question in the first place
    o_O

21. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

iPhone. No question. The Sidekick is being retired/discontinued for a reason.

22. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

LOL I saw this thread an was like WTF? :eek:

Then I saw it was from 2007. :D

23. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

I was really confused. I didn't even look at the date!

24. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

+1.... lol

25. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82