Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unixphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
By the way, it works. I got a shinny iPhone Original :)
Cost me $149 only.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
That is totally cool.
Please post pics when the case arrives and/or iPhone 2G.

I am surprised regardless of where you live you're able to get a refurbished with Apple.

unixphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
hahaha sorry for the late reply. The iPhone 2G was wrapped and in a weird black plastic box, which he won't give me ...

Anyway, I am waiting a sim card adapter and the case from amazon. Basically, it takes 3-5 business days for the headquarter to ship the refurbish iPhone to the Apple Store. The phone itself is wrapped like the new iphone with plastic. He will just hand you the replacement phone.

FYI, I found the sim adapter for less than $2 and shipped!!
http://dx.com/p/iphone-5-nano-sim-t...im-to-sim-card-adapter-set-black-3-pcs-166588

I might go to Apple Store again later on and get another refurbish iPhone Original for a extra backup.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Thanks for the followup!
Please shoot a couple of photos when the case arrives.

After checking a day later I see Amazon is sold out.

unixphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Alright, I did a terrible job on the candy skull shield. I probably will bring this to Asia next time and pay something to do it for me.

I installed the Winterd00r 7 there and waiting for the sim card adapter. I learned two lessons:

1.) should have bought the sim adapter on ebay because ship from USA will be MUCH faster

2.) candy skull sheild is too thick and make sure it is for original iPhone, not iPhone 3G.

Attachments

• DSC_0165.JPG
    DSC_0165.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0166.JPG
    DSC_0166.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 132
  • DSC_0168.JPG
    DSC_0168.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 130

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
How do you like the Gilty bumper?
I'd probably forgo using the back plastic protector. Takes a little away from the overall presentation.

Otherwise, nice little setup and I see you have almost full bars with AT&T!

unixphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
I really like the Gilty case. Especially you can touch and feel the back of the iPhone. I usually put the phone screen facedown on table during meetings. It is kind of cool to show the back of the original iPhone.

I am just having problem finding a cheap invisible shield to copy the back and someone help me installing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.