iPhone OS 2.0 PSOD

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mbpc2d.user, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mbpc2d.user macrumors newbie

Uh yeah, so I woke up this morning to find my iPhone OS 2.0 sitting at the pink screen with the connect to itunes symbol. Now I cannot restore my phone, at all. I have reinstalled iPhone OS 2 a couple of times and even tried going back to 1.1.4, which I got to work, but the baseband wouldn't downgrade properly and I couldn't get any service. Anyone else have this, any suggestions?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That's why you wait for the official release. This 1.2.0 is in BETA stage, meaning it has bugs all over. *sigh* you are not the only one, loads of other people have the same problems. I have advised people not to use 1.2.0 but they don't listen...

Well, try using Pwnage to repair your Baseband. If you are Windows based, then you have to wait for WinPwn. Which still is being tested.:rolleyes:

3. mbpc2d.user thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks for the useless condescending reply, for your information I am a developer and was accepted into the iPhone Developers Program. So iPhone OS 2.0 is necessary for me, being a OpenGL programmer, and I got it legitimately. I know that its beta and unstable, I'm not complaining that its broke, I'm just trying to find out how to fix it.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Thanks for posting this in every thread about 2.0. I'm sorry there are so many iPhone developers busting their balls trying to develop software for you. They should all just stop. No one wants apps on their phone anyway.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You get me wrong. I don't want to stop apps. The problem is some people who don't need [either because they are testing out or simply want 1.2.0] 1.2.0 are using it which will damage their phones. Think beyond developers. I clearly implied that developers shouldn't worry, well it seems you can't think more.

6. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Method quoted from Hackint0sh.org to kick iPhone out of 2.0 to 1.1.4

8. mbpc2d.user thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting. Does anyone think that the next release of the iPhone SDK and OS will be released today?

Thanks to the people with the helpful replies!

9. himansk macrumors regular

There might be an update today, but I think apple might have planned to release an update before the expiration, maybe they didnt meet the target, so we might need to wait a couple of days.

10. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Hmm, since you are part of the iphone development program, shoudn't you be the one that should troubleshoot and tell us how to fix it?

11. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

What do you mean by "tell us how to fix it?" That sounds like an admission of illegally obtaining the firmware files to me.

12. tarrheels3 macrumors newbie

I woke up with the same problem and i am apart of the apple beta test legally, but if you log into your apple seed area you will see there is a new build of the iphone beta. i loaded it just fine and it has new features.

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

14. himansk macrumors regular

where? I only see the previous build (225c), what is the version number for the seed you found? any links?

15. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

I think you must be a member of the Enterprise program then, tarrheels3, because from what I can see there's isn't a new build up yet.

16. tarrheels3 macrumors newbie

I am apart of the enterprise, i apologize thought it was the same thing.

17. himansk macrumors regular

now i feel bad being independent dev.. :(

18. celebi23 macrumors regular

celebi23

Is the new build available to Enterprise Devs 9a250d? I just wanna know what I should be looking out for on the iPhone Dev page. ADC Phone Support still has no idea whats going on or any answers. Their one suggestion was restoring to the current 5A225c build. I fail to see how that would work. Isn't that the firmware that is expired though? :confused:

19. tarrheels3 macrumors newbie

the new build that i downloaded as apart of the enterprise beta is 5A240d
    I am surprised it isnt available for both.

20. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

ADC support seems to either be feigning ignorance or this release was just completely unorganized, since they're telling people to try restoring with 5a225c and all kinds of crap. I wonder where they break in communicate came from.

21. celebi23 macrumors regular

celebi23

ADC Phone Support is still waiting on some sort of instruction from Cupertino. They are as much in the dark as we are right now :mad: