iPhone OS 3.0 - Beta 4 - Speculation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThE.MeSsEnGeR, Apr 25, 2009.

1. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

Hey Everyone!

well... it's getting closer!

iPhone OS 3.0 - Beta 1 was released on March 17th
    iPhone OS 3.0 - Beta 2 was released on March 31st (14 days later)
    iPhone OS 3.0 - Beta 3 was released on April 14th (14 days later)
    So, Beta 4 will be released this Tuesday, April 28th...

What do u all Expect? hope? wish? to be included in this Beta...:confused:

Personally, I hope they include lots of things, since Beta 3 introduced so much less than Beta 2 did...

and finally i think that all in all there will be about 8 Betas in total.... like they did with iPhone OS 2.0:D

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

So, was bored to death with nothing to do when I decided to to browse Macrumors. Then, out of no where, I see this thread on Forum Spy.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I thought beta 4 was released. Can you sense my disappointment? :p

3. ThE.MeSsEnGeR thread starter macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

sorry.... but i was bored to death tooo!!! :eek:
    that's why i started this thread to start discussing whats coming on tuesday...

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Lol. No problem. It was funny. :D

Tuesday, huh? I can't wait. :) But I think each beta might introduce less features than the previous ones and start being mostly bug fixes and small improvements.

5. ThE.MeSsEnGeR thread starter macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

They might... but I really hope they start implementing things like maybe screen recording like they're doing it with Quicktime X...
    and maybe some UI for the Magnometer/FM transmitter/Voice Control that we've been hearing about for a while now...
    or the ability to move more than one App at a time on the home screens... its a real pain to move one at a time....

6. lkal3 macrumors newbie

Agree with you

let's see...

7. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I agree. I think most of the features have been introduced already and now working on bug fixes.

8. kalaj macrumors newbie

Well, I just want beta 4 bring my dial button back in phone.app. :eek::eek:

9. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Yea that bug is the most annoying.
    I hope we get some new features.

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

What's people's opinion on this?
    Will we see a lot more?

11. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

I realised today that one thing I miss about my iPhone is theming it.

I found a really nice theme on MacThemes, and whilst I love making my MBP all purdy and shiny I can't take it to that limit with my BlackBerry.

I do love my Bold though, and would be lost with BBM.

But.. if the new iPhone is nice, and PUSH works flawless for e-mail and apps like on the BB, I think I'll be all over it.

Oh, and provided its JB-able.

Here's to BETA 4 and June :D

12. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Beta 4 will be out on Tuesday, its a no doubter. Apple has already shown that its a 14 day period overlap. Whether we see new features, I bet not. Maybe some leaked code that has new stuff in it but no new features.

13. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

There is probably quite a lot that we will only see when 3.0 is officially release, along with a new device.

But I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to see new features on the next betas.

14. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I doubt we'll see any new features now. Which I've no problem with, 3.0 is a major upgrade and I'd rather they just spend time making it as stable as possible now. Then we can start wishlisting for 3.1.

I suppose there could be stuff going on for the new phone under the hood mind.

Phazer

15. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

I'd like the phone app bug to be fixed and for them to finish the AVRC bluetooth implentation (so that track skipping works from BT headphones) it should be capable of this since play/pause works, but aside from that and my exchange mailbox disappearing until I reboot the phone, beta 3 has been nice.

Bring on Beta 4, though :D

16. SAG3194 macrumors 6502

SAG3194

17. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Very likely. I'm hoping for speed improvements and bug squashing. And the ability to test 2.2 apps.

18. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I have a feeling that Video recording is going to be the dark horse of 3.0. We all know the iPhone's camera is perfectly capable of video capture. Plus this screenshot certainly looks like video is being added.

[​IMG]

19. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

It makes sense for it to come out tommorrow. I have been hoping for a new springboard since before 3.0 was introduced. I know that will never happen though.

20. gogocosmonaut macrumors newbie

I've got a feeling that while the iPhone 3G camera is fully capable of video capture, it'll be limited to the new device to boost sales. I think the new, killer features of the new device will all be video related, for the most part.

21. LionArch007 macrumors newbie

Hoping beta4 brings back 2.0+ testing!!

Me, too! I had an app that I worked on in 2.1 then had to step away for a while to work on others and come back to it fresh; well, when I came back to it after downloading 3.0 it didn't work right. It ran and compiled fine, but the problem was in recognizing the NSArray for the correct answers. (it's a music theory quiz app) I know that having the 3.0 SDK won't let me test 2.0 apps, but I'm hoping that beta 4 will change that, if not, I'll be reinstalling the 2.2.1 SDK. I really hate doing that, but I need to be able to test my app, and having it return a "wrong count" for the correct answer being chosen is maddening!

22. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Does anyone if there were any major differences between the final beta for firmware 2.0 and the final version? Could Apple have any tricks up their sleeves (besides a probable new piece of hardware)?

23. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I think so. If you noticed when they previewed 3.0 they showed off only those features really that were bullet point features the pre is gonna have out of the box to shut them up.

I can imagine they are holding back a bunch of stuff, hopefully some ui changes and other things to really wow everyone in June.

24. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Yeah. Thankfully I have a first-gen touch that I left alone so I'm not completely screwed.

25. Pooshka macrumors 65816