iPhone OS 3.0 - BUG LIST

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JasonHoughton, Jun 11, 2009.

1. JasonHoughton macrumors newbie

Anyone else found this bug?...

When you select an email message like this:

[​IMG]

...And then turn it sideways this happens:

[​IMG]

The Blue selection doesn't render.

Hmmm...:confused: Come across any other bugs? Post them here.

Attached Files:

2. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Maybe it's not a bug. Maybe they designed it that way. It's possible. Or, maybe it is a bug.

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I vote for bug.

4. JasonHoughton thread starter macrumors newbie

No it's not designed that way, beacuse if you select the emails from the sideways view they highlight all in blue as they should. It's just when you flip views when the message is selected it doesn't highlight. BUG.

Anyway, I'm interested to see if anyone has cone across any more bugs?

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I see a LOT of GUI-related glitches and bugs. I'm going to post a new thread about all the graphical glitches in 3.0 next Wednesday because officially I can't talk about them right now.

Look out for my thread next Wednesday. I have a lot to go over. 3.0 isn't as polished as I would have expected from Apple (design-wise).

6. The General macrumors 601

Double click the home button to go to favorites immediately after pressing the "press to end call" button during a call.

7. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I must not have a very good eye because I have been using 3.0 exclusively on my iPhone 3G and iPod Touch since its dev release and I haven't noticed much of anything.

8. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Although it's GM, there's still a possibility they could rectify some of the minor bugs (such as the mail bug mentioned above) by the 17th. If not, I think they would defintely consider fixing those bugs with a small update a few weeks after 3.0 is released and the iPhone 3GS traffic drops down.

9. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Hint:

Scroll to the very top of contacts until you see the search field. Then quit and open it again. The launch preview doesn't match what the new app looks like.

10. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

I vote bug. If you notice, the time stamp is also highlighted in blue. Looks funky.

11. emr25 macrumors member

Bug or designed this way?

I have 3.0GM installed on both my iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G, and I have noticed that when in Mail, after doing a search, it does not give the "Edit" option, i.e. I cannot delete, move, etc., any of the emails that show up once the search is done.

Is this a bug, or was it just designed to be like this?

If it's not a bug, I would like for them to reconsider, because I wanted to use search to mass delete or move emails from the same person, website, etc. Like once a lot of Facebook emails accumulate, I move them into another folder designated "Facebook" on MobileMe.

Anyone else feel the same?

12. JasonHoughton thread starter macrumors newbie

what's the reason you can't say?

Think it was just left out, again sloppy work.

13. risenphoenixkai macrumors member

Not sure if there's a more extensive bug list in another thread, but here's what I've found so far:

- When accessing Mail, if there are new, unread messages, you have to tap up twice before you can get to the new messages - the most recent read message displays twice for some reason. This also occasionally happens in the inbox view - the last read message will be momentarily duplicated.

- Alert sounds sometimes "echo" or stutter, especially the new mail and new text alerts and the "chirp" the phone does when you dock it.

- Rotating to landscape view in Notes incurs a 0.5 - 1 second delay - maybe not even necessarily a bug, possibly a limitation of the iPhone 3G's graphics processor.

Not necessarily a bug - potentially a new UI behaviour, but extremely irritating either way:

If you sync calendar entries or contacts through both iTunes and MobileMe, there are duplicate entries for all events and contacts on the phone. Even after disabling iTunes syncing, the events and contacts are still doubled - one set for "Contacts on My iPhone" and one set for ".Mac (MobileMe) Contacts". This means in search results and "All Contacts" there are duplicate entries; it also means that in "All Calendars" view, every single event shows up twice. This is, to put it mildly, a terrible UI decision if it's not a bug.

Not necessarily a bug - potentially a feature oversight:

"Spotlight" search doesn't work in landscape view - portrait view only.

14. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

My 2G takes FOREVER to connect after dialing a number. Like sometimes, 20-30 seconds.

15. prospereagle92 macrumors regular

wow every time?

16. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

SMS input field auto expands while entering more text until it completely obscures the conversation area. Really annoying if you're typing out something and a new message comes in, and you can't even read it.

On that note, why can't we perform a simple tap on the message area to hide keyboard? Having to exit and reenter the conversation seems un-Apple. It would be especially useful while in landscape. Don't even get me started on the inabilty to disable auto-rotate......

17. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Has anyone experienced the phone going blank yet? I.e. the screen flashes
    white, then it remains black, and backlit. I physically have to hold the sleep
    wake and home buttons, to bring the slide to unlock screen back.

Haven't got any steps to recreate this situation, as I don't know what exactly causes it yet,
    but I'm not just talking about the betas here, I'm talking about GM too.

R-Fly

18. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Find my iPhone: the incoming sound alert can be almost muted by decreasing the volume, to the point it's almost inaudible.

19. BNZ1 macrumors regular

I have also had a few low memory issues in my crash logs from mail, safari etc.

20. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

When you edit text that missing a letter, like iphne for example, the damn thing is autocapped half the time so it ends up like iphOne. It's not even always, it's just sometimes.

That, and the home screen sometimes minimises apps really slowly only to throw the next opened app up on screen without a maximize animation.

21. debug77 macrumors newbie

I get this bug on the Wi-Fi networks screen if you toggle the Ask to Join option too quick. Logged it with them last night though, although obviously that was in the gold code, so...

Attached Files:

22. georgeoommen macrumors regular

I can confirm this is an issue with OS 2.2.1 as well..

23. debug77 macrumors newbie

Ah, thank you for that. I didn't know if it existed in previous versions when I filled the report in. I'll go back and update it.

24. JasonHoughton thread starter macrumors newbie

why does it seem like its the most simple things that apple missed. probably rushing it to release it... they should release an update for this on the release day.

25. debug77 macrumors newbie

Found another funny one. If you're playing a podcast, and you click the "email" icon (new in 3.0 I believe, or I hadn't noticed it before anyway!) then it stops the audio until you're done with the email. Bit odd! :confused: