Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
You aren't asking for a brand new UI your asking for the existing one to be tweaked so you can feel like it's newer. Apple may oblige, but they also understand the importance of a consistent platform.

I will grant you that the popularity of apps and the now 11 springboard screens should be addressed, other than via spotlight. I now refuse to add a new app if it takes me over 6 screens.

Why, Whats the difference? Why didnt you stop at 5? I dont get your logic. So if a new App came out tomorrow that was incredible, you would get it only if you could decide which other one to get rid of so you wont have another page?

There would have to be a huge change to get rid of multiple pages and they added two because they have so many Apps. They dont want to make the phone complicated by having different folders and if they do, it will be another thing for somebody like spaz to complain about because it would take too long and it would use too much of his battery by having to go into those different folders. He has already said he saves his battery by NOT having to scroll more than one page. Scroll thru folders? :eek:
There is the "stacks" thing which to me , looks wise, it doesnt look good and really is just a toy for some people.
I can see a change down the road but i think that will come with a new design of the phone itself since its third one looks the same as the first.

As they say, the grass always seems greener on the other side.
Some people are never happy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.