Iphone owners who run nudes, post here

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Curious on how the new iPhone's are holding up naked, post your iphone naked here. none of that you shouldn't use an iPhone without a case etc etc, I know you shouldn't. But just wondering how people use case less 6/6+ and how they're holding up.

Only post if your rocking naked iphone... Save your comments of having a case lulz.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Not quite what the thread title had me expecting... :D

3. pcmike macrumors 6502

pcmike

Mine looks like it did out of the box, knock on wood.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Not that type of nudes lulz

Post pic brah

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, he tricked me too:D
    Where's the nudes?

6. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Why shouldn't you use an iPhone without a case? That's the normal way. Encased or entombed is the other way. Do you buy a watch and wrap it? It's not naked or cased. It's normal or cocooned.

7. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

i was expecting nudes, braahh, like nude nudess :mad::mad::mad:

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Geez, looking for the running nudes! Was all excited for a minute. :(

9. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Well to each in their own

10. Old Yeller macrumors newbie

Old Yeller

Actually, anyone remember the 80's Swatch watches that had the thin plastic band across the face of the watch? They were all the rage back then.

11. 617aircav Suspended

My brothers naked plus is all scratched up from a drop in the parking lot.

12. caesarp macrumors 6502a

There's nothing in the instructions or manual that says an iPhone requires a case. Don't you think it's marketing (by case makers) and people just following what other people do and never questioning why? Teenage girls do it so they have some personality and decoration on their phone. If you are not a teenage girl I question the reason for a case. I sincerely doubt that Apple makes something that costs a few hundred bucks but then expects that you need to spend $50 on a case. That's absurd.

13. Jws macrumors regular

Resale value, protection if you're clumsy, and a desire to keep the phone in like-new condition. Even if you don't drop the phone, it will likely become scratched. Not that I think a case is mandatory, but let's be honest: there are a lot more reasons to use a case than for those reasons you described regarding why teenage girl might use them.

14. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

Not worried about resale value at all, it's not a car. I have a small blemish near the speaker hole from a slip other than that nothing, screen looks great from spending most of its time in my work pants.

15. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Yoooo I remember!

Attached Files:

16. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Pictures... I've seen people caseless and it looks pretty damn sexy.

17. caesarp macrumors 6502a

I call bs. I have never used a case and never not received full value at resale. I go to game stop. They pay me the full highest value they offer. Always. They only care about screen cracks or major blemishes. Otherwise if it works you are fine. Mint condition (zero dings) are not required for good resale value. many people buy a case as a reflex. Unthinking. Cause they see others do it.

18. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Uh there goes your problem, GameStop. Of course they won't offer you more. On ebay and Craigslist you can demand higher in pristine iPhones.

19. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

Well when people say resale they likely are talking about the surprisingly high offers you can get on services like ebay and Swappa since these are the services that most people here on MR use as they net you the highest profit, by far, of any selling/trade in promotion you can find.

Obviously GameStop will take your phone and give you full value when you are only receiving 50-60% of your actual used phone's value.

20. iPH0NE 3GS macrumors newbie

I use my iPod 4G and 3G wand iPad 2 with a case but my iphone 4 and 3GS I USE A CASE

21. crmcm macrumors member

Unfortunately, I noticed my phone is pretty bent yesterday. It doesn't bother me because functionality is my main concern, but it's definitely something to keep in mind if you use your phone naked. I just sold my scuffed up 5 for $185 so I don't think "resale value" is a good reason for keeping the phone in a case. My screen is also detaching from my phone in the bottom corner because of the bend but I'll try to use the phone as long as I can and swap it for a new one closer to my warranty expiring so I can get a new phone mid contract.

Here's a pic for non-believers, because I know they'll be here before too long.

Attached Files:

22. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Actually I know someone who trades their iphone right before the 1 year warranty expiration. That way he has a new phone every year. Pretty genius if you ask me.

23. crmcm macrumors member

Yep, this is what I did with my 5 (a finicky sleep/wake button), and my 3G (small camera issue). I'm actually one of the few people who's happy to find something wrong with my phone that doesn't significantly affect functionality. There's no reason to freak out and return it right away if you can deal with it for a year.

24. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

25. caesarp macrumors 6502a

GameStop is more convenient. No fuss no muss. Cash. No weirdos.