Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
GameStop is more convenient. No fuss no muss. Cash. No weirdos.

AT&T 32GB 5S trade in is $243 cash at GS (current online quote) vs. $316 at Amazon (good condition). $304 store credit at GS isn't bad if you buy stuff at Gamestop. In my case I spend plenty at Amazon and can't remember the last time I set foot inside a GameStop. Whatever works for ya.

If you are not a teenage girl I question the reason for a case.

Don't be so myopic and judgmental about why people use cases. It makes you appear to have the same emotional maturity as those teenage girls.

I use a case on my phone because I choose to do so. What other people do has zero bearing on my decision. I've tried iphones naked and prefer using a case. For me: It gives a bit more grippiness lessening the chances of a drop and a little bit of protection if I do drop it. It also eliminates me worrying about whether the surface I set my phone on is gritty or rough. Not because I'm really that concerned about resale but because I hate messing up my stuff. I used an Apple leather case for my 5S and really have enjoyed it. I also used an Incipio Feather on my 4 and 4S.

(I'm NOT trying to do a case vs no case debate; I honestly don't give a hoot what you or anyone else chooses to do...)

legioxi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
Iphone owners who run nudes, post here

I call bs. I have never used a case and never not received full value at resale. I go to game stop. They pay me the full highest value they offer. Always. They only care about screen cracks or major blemishes. Otherwise if it works you are fine. Mint condition (zero dings) are not required for good resale value. many people buy a case as a reflex. Unthinking. Cause they see others do it.

8-12 months ago GS rated the quality of the trade in. Like new, good, bad. Scratches and dings dropped you to good.

Now it is less strict though. But CL/eBay will net you more for an excellent quality phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.