iPhone Poll: With a Case or Without?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BC2009, Dec 3, 2010.

?

The iPhone Case Study: Which options describe you?

1. I own an iPhone 4 with a bumper I regularly use.

18 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. I own an iPhone 4 with a bumper I rarely/never use.

24 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. I own an iPhone 4 with a 3rd-party case I regularly use.

59 vote(s)
    42.4%
  4. I own an iPhone 4 with a 3rd-party case I rarely/never use.

17 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. I own an iPhone 4, but do not own a case/bumper.

16 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. I own an iPhone 3G/3Gs with a case I regularly use.

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. I own an iPhone 3G/3Gs with a case I rarely/never use.

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. I own an iPhone 3G/3Gs, but do not own a case/bumper.

5 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. BC2009, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

BC2009 macrumors 68000

BC2009

So I made an assumption that most folks do not use a case with their iPhone and even went as far as to assume many folks got their free case from Apple but are not using it (i.e.: everybody likes a freebie to try it out).

So here is what I am wondering. What percentage of folks own a case for their iPhone versus those who do not, and what percentage of those that own a case actually use it regularly?

EDIT: Please vote in the associated poll.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have a bumper but do not use it
    I like my iPhone nekkid

3. PsstGreek, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I have a case on my iPhone as well as a full body Zagg Invisble Shield. The case is on my iPhone 24/7.

I tried the free Speck case from the iPhone 4 program but didn't like it as much than my Incipio case.

*edit*

Incipio Silicrylic - great protection. 2 cases in 1. Rubber first layer. Hardshell snap-on second layer (case I use regularly).

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I have three cases for varying levels of protection

Bumper - minimal
    Contour Showcase - middle
    Otterbox Defender - ultimate

While I do appreciate/prefer the look of a nekkid case, I just can't leave home without some case being on my iPhone. And I also have front/rear protectors on mine.

5. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I have 2 bumpers which I used for a few weeks, but got bored with them. Now I only have PS crystal for the front and back on my iPhone. It's much prettier without any cases/bumpers.;)

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Used a case for the first few weeks, then took it off. I decided I'm careful enough not to need any cases. Just a front screen protector :)

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I've used a case on every iPhone (and other cell phone for that matter) I've ever owned. Nothing overly bulky, but enough to give me a sense of at least a little added protection.

8. bid2ask77 macrumors regular

bid2ask77

I never leave the house without a case on my phone but inside i take it off.

9. JoelTGM macrumors member

I don't have my case yet, but I plan to use a case for my iphone 4 regularly, just like I did with my ipod touch. It's too expensive to not use a case, because dropping it without a case seems like it would just crack it open or break the glass on the front or back.

10. Mochi Hana macrumors 6502a

Mochi Hana

I just use a simple case for the back of my phone. It protects it very well from scratches and other cosmetic blemishes that might happen if I drop it (and I've dropped it a few times, the case works very well.)

11. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

iPhone 4
    I have a bumper but don't use it (restricts ports too much, feels uncomfortable).

12. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

Im gonna go with a case....just like the protection cases offer as well personalization.

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

No case on any of the iPhones I've owned in the last 3 years.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use the black Apple bumper on my iPhone. Without a case, the iPhone 4 just feels too slippery to me.

15. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

I use incase slider and I never ever ever take it off

16. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I have a case and will always use a case unless they go back to a metal back. I use my phone a lot, and I'm not taking any chances. Plus, the case makes it easier to hang on to.

17. JASApplications macrumors 65816

I have an iPhone 3Gs and am currently rocking the SGP Ultra-Hybrid Case.

18. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

The only reason I have a bumper, was because it was free. It still sits on my desk unopened and unused. I'm sure when I sell my iPhone 4, I'll just include the bumper to the new owner.

19. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 68030

OldSchoolMacGuy

From day 1 with the original iPhone I've never had a case. Always used a Bodyguardz and loved it. Now I'm using an iPhone 4 and still have a Bodyguardz. I like the fact that it adds no bulk to the phone and allows it to be as Apple intended it.

I worked at Radio Shack for a number of years in high school and went through about 2-4 phones a month (every time a new one came out we'd return it under the 90 day return and upgrade to the newest model). I had leather cases for many of them but soon realized that in the end, you're gonna buy a new phone before the phone gets really beat up. On top of that they add extra bulk and most don't look good.

20. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I have a smoke incase snaps that I always keep on my phone. The only time I snap it off is real quick every other day to blow out the dust of the case from my pockets and to micro-fiber wipe the back of the phone. I feel like I can't set my phone down on any surface unless it's cased because I'll just think I'm going to scratch it. This thing is too nice for me to scratch.

21. Shadow Runner macrumors regular

For me a case is a waste of money. I don't drop/abuse my gadgets. Little scratches or mishaps don't bother me.

PS I also have no case on my iPad or MBP

22. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I have a free bumper and case from Apple but both are collecting dust. I have a dual side screen protector installed for micro-scratches but thats it.

23. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I own an iPhone 4 with a 3rd-party case I regularly use. It's a Speck Pixel Skin.

Normally... if the phone was capable of making and holding onto calls, I wouldn't use a case. But even with one, the phone is so poor, I use my Android phone instead.

With some luck, I believe the next generation iPhone will finally function properly.

I don't blame AT&T either. I've always had more than one phone on AT&T which has always performed flawlessly as a phone.

I prefer iPhones, and hope that Apple overcomes their problem. I look forward to a great iPhone 5 - or whatever it's designated.

24. d0r1en0 macrumors member

d0r1en0

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Otterbox defender FTW.

25. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Great protection but in my opinion too ugly to put on my beautiful iPhone. haha!