iPhone Randomly Crashes & Restarts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBPJohn, Oct 6, 2016.

1. MBPJohn macrumors newbie

My iPhone 6S Plus was crashing and restarting about 10 times a day. I would be texting, surfing the web or just waking up the phone and sometimes it just restarts. The circle icon comes on and the phone restarts rather quickly. I thought the phone was busted so I went to the apple store and got a brand new iphone replacement. I connected it to my computer synced everything up from my old phone and now the brand new iPhone is crashing and doing the same thing. So I assume it some corrupt software. I am not sure what I did, I deleted a bunch of stuff and then it hasn't done it again.

Now fast forward to my Iphone 7. Before getting the new 7 I backed up my 6S to my comp. Now after transferring everything over to my new iphone 7, its now crashing and restarting. I don't know remember what I did to fix the previous problem? Any ideas?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like you might have something weird in your backup that might be causing some issues. Best bet would be to reinstall without a backup unfortunately.

3. Danjrel macrumors regular

4. xotigu macrumors member

yep, I think this is an iOS10 issue. Haven't encountered this before in previous OSes.

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I think it's called a respring. Search the forums for a little more info.

6. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

No

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Crashes/resprings/restarts? Plenty of people have had them with all kinds of iOS versions, especially initial versions of major updates, like iOS 8, or 7, and 9 and beyond.

8. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Do what c dm said.

9. twittervanitybonet macrumors member

twittervanitybonet

was your phone jailbroken when you updated to iOS 10 ? mines was and my 6s does it sometimes ... but i am not getting rid of my backups in a attempt to fix it by doing a brand new restore