iphone release in august, would that affect you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, May 9, 2014.

?

What do you think i should do with the upgrade if apple changes to an august release?

  1. buy the 4.7 out of pocket, and then use the upgrade for the 5.5

    2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. wait a month(sept) and use the upgrade for the 4.7

    6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. buy 4.7 out of pocket, but not sure if that's a good idea cuz 5.5 release is indefinite

    3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. wait a month and suck it up till your eligible

    12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #1
    my renewal is on September every year. so normally I get the iphone on release day. if it does get released on august.. I will not be eligible for a month. FAIL.

    is it 100% sure that the 5.5 is going to come out this fall? if so, maybe I should just buy the 4.7 out of pocket and save the upgrade until the 5.5 is released sept/nov?

    what do you guys think?
     
  2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

    T5BRICK

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2006
    Location:
    Oregon
    #2
    Of course not. Nobody knows when the next iPhone will be released or if it will even have a 5.5" option. At the point it's all speculation. MOST LIKELY the next iPhone will be available for sale sometime around September.

    I think you should buy the phone that you want.
     
  3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #3
    Is there a 4.7 iPhone?
    What FAIL are you talking about? The fail that goes with you actually having to live out your contract? That's called success.

    It is very likely that the next iPhone will be released this fall as it has been in most recent revisions. Buy the phone you want when you want. Pay what you have to pay to get it if it is that important to you.
     
  4. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

    TheAppleFairy

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    Location:
    The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
    #4
    Just wait until you're eligible, I don't see what the big deal is. They probably won't release the phone until after you're eligible anyway. This thread is pointless and is a big FAIL.
     
  5. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #5
    it's not the question if I'm buying the iphone because i'll end up buying both.. the question is how do I use my upgrade.
     
  6. iPhonemaster5S, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014

    iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

    iPhonemaster5S

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2011
    Location:
    Colorado
    #6
    No, since I don't have a contract I'll just buy the 4.7 whenever it comes out.

    But for you id suggest buying whichever comes first outright and the latter with your upgrade.
     
  7. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

    TheAppleFairy

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    Location:
    The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
    #7
    You use your upgrade the same way you always did....check when you're eligible (September) and buy it then.
     
  8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #8
    If you are eligible then using the upgrade will be seamless. Usually you're given an early upgrade price which is slightly discounted or an upgrade price which is very discounted.
    Who is your carrier and what iPhone do you have today?
     
  9. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #9
    all the evidences are there, so absolutely. if you think it's not gonna happen then more power to you.

    there are new rumors its going to be an august release... probably not gonna happen or even remotely credible.. I was just wondering what IF it does happen to be released in august. how will that affect buyers like me on contract.. that's all.

    ----------

    yea but I want to buy the ip6 release date. that's the problem LOL

    ----------

    I have 5s ATT. I'm due for a September, full upgrade eligible. like I said, if apple releases the 4.7 in august, I have one month left till upgrade. I wonder if they will let people slide with 1 month remaining?
     
  10. marvz macrumors 6502a

    marvz

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2012
    Location:
    Berlin
    #10
    There you just answered your own question.
     
  11. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

    TheAppleFairy

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    Location:
    The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
    #11

    Not sure I see the problem since nobody knows the release day yet. I am hoping they release both phones at WWDC so you can learn to deal with 1st world problems.
     
  12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #12
    hence why I need to find the best solution. LULZ
     
  13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #13
    Well, if all the evidences are there then who am I to argue with such logic?

    How in the hell are you eligible for a full upgrade 1 year after you bought your iPhone? Are you on that 12 month plan deal? Will they let you slide? Maybe but I believe with the new programs out there to upgrade every year they will not let you slide. I mean shoot, we're down to only having to keep our phones for 1 year as it is. You can wait a month, trust me. All the evidences are there that stock will be available one month after release date when you are eligible.
     
  14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #14
    There is no solution because there is no problem. Just wait. You don't even know when this will land or what it'll look like. In spite of all evidences.
     
  15. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #15
    lawd i'm gonna have to buy everything out of pocket then... lulz touché my friend.
     
  16. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

    TheAppleFairy

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    Location:
    The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
    #16
    You can ask your mom for an advance in your allowance.
     
  17. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #17
    her allowance doesn't match my allowance.. :cool:

    ----------

    all evidence show that I will HATE waiting a month.

    I get upgrade every year.. so I get all iphone releases. 2 words, family plan. LULZ
     
  18. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2011
    Location:
    Tallahassee, FL
    #18
    My contract is also up in September and since it's still cheaper to buy subsidized instead of on VZW Edge if you're on a less than 10gb plan, I'll be buying on a 2 year contract again. I have no issue with keeping a phone 2 years and likely would under Edge anyway so I may as well pay the least amount per month as possible. But to answer your question, if the new iPhone does release in August that puts you in a great position because by the time you're eligible all of the gotta have it now crazies will have theirs and you can simply walk into to whatever retailer you choose and buy it, most likely. To me that is a win for you. In fact, that's what I plan to do regardless of when they release it. And since I would prefer the rumored 5.5" model, I may even wait on in to the fall to see if the 5.5" stuff has any legs. I'm certainly NOT buying two phones. So my advice to you is to just sit back and wait a month for your contract to expire and the dust to settle then buy the phone you desire.
     
  19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #19
    I'll refrain from the first world problems and kids today remarks, but really, waiting a month isn't going to be bad. Think about the "issues" with the iPhone 5S. Waiting a month often allows you to see what the phone is like and since you say all evidences point to a 4.7" iPhone, there is likely to be some issue with the screen. Apple is notorious for panel issues on new models. Just breathe, it'll be okay and I bet you'll still be the cool kid on the block.
     
  20. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #20
    Wait a month, what 30 days for a phone. Besides by waiting you'll see if there's any major issues with the new phone.
     
  21. yg17 macrumors G5

    yg17

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2004
    Location:
    St. Louis, MO
    #21
    Not really sure what's so funny.

    Buying a phone outright with the intention of selling it in a month for another phone is a complete waste of money. Just wait for the phone you really want to come out. The wait won't kill you.
     
  22. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2011
    Location:
    Sunshine State
    #22
    Besides, like everybody else here, after a few months with the new phone, he'll be wanting the next one.
     
  23. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

    The Doctor11

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2013
    Location:
    New York
  24. BruiserB macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2008
    #24
    It will give you a month to decide you'd really rather give Apple an extra $100 for the bigger one in September!
     
  25. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #25
    if I buy the 4.7.. I'm not gonna sell it to buy the 5.5. I'm keeping both, at least for now.
     

Share This Page