iPhone repair problem, can't find the answer ANYWHERE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gotsmartz, May 11, 2009.

1. gotsmartz macrumors newbie

Hey so I am replacing the power button ribbon cable on my 3G and as you know it is connected to the vibrate toggle ringer switch. I put the new ribbon cable in and the ringer switch does not stay in place at all, I tried glue but it won't stay. I looked online and the pictures show two black circular things on the other side, and I never noticed anything like those. Are those just the plastic spikes melted down or are they something you place on the plastic spikes? Anyone come up with a solution for this? I have searched everywhere and could not find a way to replace the ringer.
    Thanks so much in advance,
    Harrison

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Take the phone to Apple instead, DIYs in the iPhone to fix x problem are not recommended as anything can and may go wrong.

3. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Wrong subforum, you should try the hacks subforum

I was a computer tech for over 5 years, and own about 3 soldering irons. Even with my knowledge I wouldn't take apart my iPhone, its too expensive to replace if something ever went wrong because of my DIY'ing

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I couldn't agree more, if I ever do any DIYing to my phone it'll be once I'm out of contract and have a new phone... Too much risk.