iPhone Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thetechfixer, Feb 25, 2012.

1. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

Hi, I currently own a iPhone 3G and it has issues, it is out of warranty and I would like to get it replaced. I want to know how much it would cost, since Apple does not sell the 3G anymore which phone would I end up with? The 3GS, 4 or 4S? The issues are the power button does not work, the vibrate and volume rocker are missing and the sim card slot does not work. Thanks

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

$149, and they'll replace it with the same model. They have plenty of replacements for models that they no longer sell.

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

For comparison, (which you probably all ready know) the 16GB 4S goes for $199. I really like the ability to speak my text messages with Siri.

4. jekyoo macrumors 6502

This depends if he's an AT&T customer. A lot of 3G users are on T-mobile.

It's $149 to get it replaced but I wouldn't even recommend it. You can get a 3G on craigslist for that price. Heck, maybe even a 3GS.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I get the feeling your after not just a replacement but an upgrade to a newer iPhone model !

Just try your luck or part with the $$

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

If you're on AT&T and qualify for the "discounted equipment pricing with a new 2-year commitment and a $36 upgrade fee", you can get an 8GB 3GS for $0.99.

7. normanbates macrumors regular

I doubt it qualifies for the ERS by Apple due to the physical damage, therfore you,will end up paying the FULL price even for a replacement 3G