iPhone return policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cookietrog, Apr 28, 2011.

1. cookietrog macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I was just curious about returning my iPhone. I bought the Verizon iPhone the day it went on preorder and received it february 7th. I love my iPhone but was curious if I could return it and get the new white iPhone that just came out. Is the policy 14 days? I feel like I should be able to exchange it for a white one though. Anyone try talking to apple regarding this matter?? Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I feel like I should be able to exchange it for a new one every year for free but that's not their policy.
    You can return it and get your money back only within 30 days. After that you can only have it replaced if it malfunctions and only with the same model, color and same GB storage.
    Im sure everyone out there is trying to pull the same thing right now that the white i4 came out. We got like a dozen threads a day since.

3. cookietrog thread starter macrumors newbie

Then another question regarding a warranty, if I were to buy one of those kits online which replaces the glass and home button, it's safe to say that my warranty will be voided, correct? Would they even be able to tell???

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, pretty much they wont bother servicing it.
    Those knockoff chinese replacement parts are not OEM and dont fit, feel or function right in most cases.
    Up to you if you want to go for it though.

5. collisos macrumors member

If there was a company to help you out with a return Apple would be the one. I brought my unregistered iPhone 4 to the Apple store that I dropped and broke and no questions asked the guy gave me a brand new one. I had no warranty. Gotta love apple.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So you FEEL you should be able to exchange a phone that you have used for almost 3 months and get a brand new one?:rolleyes: Why in the world should Apple or Verizon do this for you?

7. cookietrog thread starter macrumors newbie

Most companies, including apple will replace things that you purchase that are recently outdated, and I think that an iphone that they come out with 3 months after they just introduce an iphone should be covered under that.

The more and more I think about it though, I have jailbroken mine and gotten it to be perfect, so I'm not sure I'd even be willing to restore it back to normal to even attempt something like this.

And no, I don't think I would be willing to attempt to replace the glass, I'm not good enough with that kind of stuff to test it out on my baby. :)

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Care to give an example of that? Would a car company? TV manufacturer? Dell or HP computers?

Sorry, but the only thing I see here is an overblown sense of entitlement.

9. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Example? As far as I'm aware, you can purchase a product from Apple and return it within 14 days (?), regardless of whether a new product comes out.

It's not a new phone, it's the same phone, in a different colour. There is no new functionality that you're missing out on.

I agree with the other posters in this thread, you are in no way entitled to a brand new device, just because the same device is released in a new colour. :rolleyes:

10. Vizin, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Just sell your iPhone, and buy a white one. There's no point paying $200+ for a kit, spending time taking apart your phone, voiding your warranty and possibly screwing up your phone. It might be even cheaper.

12. patp Guest

I don't see Apple letting you exchange this far out. Just wouldn't make much business sense for them.

Maybe if you drop it in the toilet first?

13. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Due to your overwhelming sense of entitlement, I hope apple laughs at you if you try this.

Apple sells roughly 5 million iPhones a month. So, with your plan, every year when apple launches a new iPhone they should exchange 15 million iPhones for all the ones sold in the prior 3 months with the new model. Yeah, good luck with that!!!!!!!

And we are only talkin about a new color. Not outdated models.

Please site examples. Because when they released iPad 2, they only offered a $100 credit if you purchased ipad 1 within the previous 2 weeks.

14. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I didn't get the memo that black was suddenly 'outdated'.